Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Accessories | NOVEXCOMM RACKMOUNTS Help

Reviews Summary for NOVEXCOMM RACKMOUNTS
Reviews: 13 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $varies with product
Description: Finally a source that provides high quality racks & hardware to rackmount both vintage and modern transceivers in 19" EIA racks.
More info: http://www.NovexComm.com

You can write your own review of the NOVEXCOMM RACKMOUNTS.

K4KKJ Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2006 02:35 Send this review to a friend
Top Shelf !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased two new rigs for the radio room. I bought a Kenwood TS570-D, and a Icom IC-718. I ordered rack enclosures for the rigs from Novex and am very impressed with their units. The radios fit perfectly into the enclosures which are made of heavy gauge steel and seem to be laser cut. Their products are simply TOP Shelf ! Now all of my gear is rack mounted in a 7 ft rack and looks first class.

73's
AA4FH
Fred

W3OZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2005 20:32 Send this review to a friend
Looks and works great  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I ordered a rack and shelf for my Icom Pro III, 2 speakers, and a blank panel and shelf so I could cut it and put my Kenwood TS-850 and DSP-100 in it. Everything was done very professionally and easy to install in a standard 19 inch relay rack. Look at my shack pictures on my page at www.w3oz.com and see how nice it looks and it works just as great as it looks.

WB6MYL Rating: 5/5 Jun 6, 2005 16:50 Send this review to a friend
Finally, a rack mount source  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
One of the reasons I like vintage gear (boat anchors, if you will) is that many have the advantage of being able to rack mount the equipment in a nice 19" EIA rack; such equipment (1)looks so impressive in a rack,(2) provides ease of service and accessability, (3) hides wires and cables, and (4) keeps whatever I have of value from "walking away by itself"; Icom did have "rack mountability" in some of its older gear but nothing with the smaller "pro series" line. Yaesu and Kenwood never provided such flexability for any of their gear (except repeaters);
Enter NOVEXCOMM: I saw an ad in World Radio Magazine showing racks available for many common modern radios. I ordered a rack for the Icom 746Pro and I received a very professional heavy duty rack that was painted that same oem icom paint; boy it looks great in the rack and it is perfect viewing height without taking up any desk space. Dick sells racks for most modern rigs and even Collins S/line equipment; I asked about a rack mount for my trusty DRAKE TR-7 and Dick made me one that fits perfectly; now the DRAKE sits just above the 746Pro; they both look great in one of my racks over my R-390 receiver but under the HARRIS 590 receiver. Take a look at the photo gallery that several fellow hams have posted on his website. There is something about rack-mounted equipment and Dick fulfills a great need as such. Highly-recommended and a great guy to do business with; Regards, Phil.