Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Alpha Amplifier Factory Repair Help

Reviews Summary for Alpha Amplifier Factory Repair
Reviews: 8 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Service and repair of all Alpha amplifiers.
More info: http://www.rkrdesignsllc.com

You can write your own review of the Alpha Amplifier Factory Repair.

W7RAP Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2017 07:33 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I sent my 9500 in for a complete renovation, all updates to Hardware, Software and Firmware, and a complete checkout. Glen did a great job and it is just like new. The added value to have a like new amp is easily worth it. I was worried that Alpha had changed hands. That's just the company name.... It's still the same guys keeping our Alphas running NO FEAR !
Turnaround from Tucson was less than two weeks.

W5PD Rating: 4/5 Feb 26, 2016 06:08 Send this review to a friend
Alpha Repair Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
My Alpha 9500 needed service. It would still amplify and transmit fine, but the receive signal sounded like listening to a dummy load.
Since you have to use RKR email system, I did open a case using it. The next day I got an email from Brad about my case. Over a period of several days using RKR's email system, it was determined that I had a stuck relay.(Turns out it was a Vacuum Relay).
Brad had me send in the controller board rather than the whole amplifier.
About 10 days later, they sent the repaired board back. No charge for the work. No charge for the return shipping! Amp stills has 1 1/2 years left on warranty.
Amp now works like it should!
The RKR email system is frustrating to use. Would be faster for the customer to be able to call and talk to the tech!

KA5M Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2016 17:12 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
After 8 years my Alpha 8100 stopped working. The Alpha factory repaired it, installed the latest firmware version, adjusted the tube operating bias, and returned it to me four (4) days after receiving it!

8P6SL Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2011 09:07 Send this review to a friend
Magnificent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I obtained an Alpha 87A which was not working.I contacted RF Concepts and was advised by Molly Hardman on numerous ways to get the amp started as she realised that shipping costs from the Caribbean would be high.
After all attempts failed the amp was shipped via UPS. Four days after shipping I contacted Molly via email to check on the amp's arrival and was asked how did I want to settle the bill as repairs were completed...wow that was fast.
I requested that the amp be shipped back to Barbados via UPS but Molly took personal interest in sending rates comparision and advised of big savings buy using Fedex...thank you Molly.
The amp came home securely doubled boxed with circuit boards totally cleaned and missing case screws replaced.A damaged default swith cover was replaced and the Alpha Max was installed and worked like a dream from set-up. The power out-put test results were also included in the documentation. The technician Petar did a very good job of cleaning and repairing the amplifier.The allowable power level on Barbados is 500 watts, which the Alpha 87A gives without breaking a sweat.
I will do business with Molly and her team again and again. Molly is the epitome of customer service..keep the good work up.

WB5HAK Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2011 21:11 Send this review to a friend
Alpha 8410 repair/update  Time owned: more than 12 months
Alpha Radio Products (RF Concepts) just completed some warranty updates on my 8410 and fixed a self inflicted bunch of problems in an expeditious manner. The warranty updates were of course free, and the repairs of what I messed up were reasonable. I tried to install the "fan baffle mod" to quiet the internal fan, but "fat fingered" some things in the process, causing the amp failure. I was impressed with speed, communication during the repair, and amazed with the results. I highly recommend these folks!! Can't thank Molly and Glenn enough!!

K4KAL Rating: 1/5 Nov 30, 2010 04:24 Send this review to a friend
Alpha 4510 Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Requested RMA from Alpha on 10/03/10. Received response from Molly on 10/05/10. A few days later I received an invoice for $150.00 before they even looked at the Meter. I went ahead and mailed them my check which they quickly cashed. I called a few weeks after the return and Molly said they were moving to a new location and everything was being shipped to their new location. Since that time I have made attempts via email and phone to contact them and no response. Today is 11/30/10 no response. Service after the sale is very important to me. I own 3 Alpha 99's, and 2 4510 Watt meters.

9K2FM Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2010 05:19 Send this review to a friend
The Mercedes Benz of HF Amplifiers  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi ,
I Have The Alpha 87A More Ten 10 Years A Go , It's Very Very Nice Amp And Very Strong .
I Send My Amp To Alpha Concepts To Molly (W0MOM) To Make Fuel Maintenance .

Now I Receive My Amp From Colorado , And It's Work Very Very Nice , And The Alpha Max It's Very Good . Thank's Molly For The Nice Manual For 87A Relly Nice With Front Color .

I Have Talked With Molly On The Phone Several Times And It's Very Friendly .. Thank's Molly .
And Thank's To Maria Also .

I'm Very Happy With The 87A Amp .

Thank's For All

Thank's & 73s

Ayesh Mohammed
9K2FM
9k2fm@arrl.net

N7WX Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2007 12:11 Send this review to a friend
Very Good  Time owned: more than 12 months
Alpha Radio Products has been very good on returning all E-Mails, also with Phone calls on questions..Had a problem getting a manual for our new Alpha 99 we bought, but when it did arrive was really nicely down with color front..Very good people to deal with..