Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | WB6ZQZ CSV19 Pneumatic Antenna Launching System Help

Reviews Summary for WB6ZQZ CSV19 Pneumatic Antenna Launching System
WB6ZQZ CSV19 Pneumatic Antenna Launching System Reviews: 12 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $119
Description: The CSV19 Antenna Launcher Full Parts Kit includes all the parts for the CSV19 launcher. This includes the precision machined parts plus the hard to find SDR21 Tennsi Ball Barrel, the trigger valve, a small pressure gauge, and more. This version of the launcher uses the standard 4" diameter chamber and is 19" in overall length. The CSV19 weighs about 6.5 pounds. Just add cement and a few simple tools and assemble your own compact high performance Pneumatic Antenna Launcher. The CSV19 web page contains the complete information and assembly instructions for the launcher. The kit does not include cement or accessories such as the reel or mount. See the CSV19 Antenna Launcher Flyer for a detailed list of components included in the Kit. Launcher Kits are built on order. Parts are usually in stock, but it may require up to three weeks to prepare and ship the kit. The Full Kit sells for $99 plus $20 shipping and handling.
More info: http://www.qsl.net/wb6zqz/csv19/

You can write your own review of the WB6ZQZ CSV19 Pneumatic Antenna Launching System.

WA2WHV Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2014 15:34 Send this review to a friend
Love it!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
In my return from inactivity, I put up five, well tuned, but low to the ground dipoles. With this launcher, I just added a 70' high 20 meter dipole above my 22' high dipole. Much higher than what I ever hoped for. I have gotten up to 2 S unit improvements on many signals and equal improvements in transmission reports. The tops of my trees are a canopy of tangled branches and vines, yet I managed get the support up. I will be able to add new antennas where I could not do it before. I used my tiny electric tire pump to pressurize it.

VE7TOM Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2011 12:42 Send this review to a friend
excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
Replaced my sling shot. Have big Douglas Firs on the property and clears the highest with ease 150 to 200ft heights. As with others, use a 12 portable tire compressor $20 range and a gell cell when away from power.

Besides height, the best thing about this is its accuracy. The tennis ball goes where you point. After a bit of experience can adjust the air pressure accurately for height of launch.

Purchased the kit. Easy to assemble in the work shop.

Some of the local hams have borrowed it and many antennas have been put up.

K8MFO Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2011 09:30 Send this review to a friend
Nothing like it! OUTSTANDING!  Time owned: more than 12 months
How can I give this a TEN rating? I've had one for several years, and it has to stand as one of the best purchases I've ever made. Just this past week freezing rain and icing ran through Ohio. Limbs snapped from trees and took down both of my 160 meter antennas. As soon as the wind died down, "Tennis Ball Cannon" (TBC) and I stepped into the bitter cold. One shot over an 85 foot tree, and I was back in business, better than before. I have been a rock thrower, slinshot and spinning reel guy, and I have seen the light! In addition to its effectiveness in putting up wire antennas, it's also just plain FUN to use, and we all need some of that!

WD4ELG Rating: 5/5 Nov 26, 2009 21:31 Send this review to a friend
A must-have  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Thanks to Steve, KZ1X, who convinced me to save my arms and shoulders. He has one, and uses it at field day every year. So I finally broke down and got one. I did not build my own, concerned about safety of my own handiwork. Alan provided an excellet quality product which arrived on time, as promised.

The package arrived in early November but I just had the time this past Tuesday to put it to work.

WOW! What was I thinking with hammer and rope? Fishing pole and ratchet socket? THIS IS THE WAY TO GO! I put up a 270 foot off-center-fed dipole at 64 feet in about 10 minutes. LOVE IT! DXing like mad on all the bands! Drove the dogs crazy when I fired the thing, but they were inside (luckily). Typical Labradors, they probably would have tracked and retrieved the tennis ball!

Thanks for an EXCELLENT product Alan. Easy to use, reliable, well-built. Worth every penny. I am a VERY satisfied customer.

AB7R Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2009 08:27 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Everything said about this device is true.

But here's an additional tip. Instead of using the bow fishing reel attached to the launcher, try using just the bottom half of a fishing pole instead (need two people for this). It seems the line releases from the large open-face reel much more smoothly than it does from the bow fishing reel. And after you shoot, you just use the reel to easily retrieve the line.
The guys at the Island County Amateur Radio club were doing this and it worked great!

Greg
AB7R

WF4W Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2009 07:06 Send this review to a friend
This launcher is amazing  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For Field Day Line Launching, I used the "Heavy Ball" (4 ounces of sand) and we were going over 100' Pine trees and clearing them by a good 50'. We had two that we couldn't get a great angle on to go over top of them, so we shot through the tops. The balls never slowed down---they took a few small limbs/twigs and some pine-cones out but still got us up around 100'.

I got the kit and put it together in a couple of evenings (including painting mine). The kit was very complete and all I supplied were a few hand tools and the PVC primer/cement.

It works great and I will be re-hanging a few of my wire antennas this summer because it will be much easier now!

G3LBS Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2007 13:18 Send this review to a friend
Ideal for antenna experimenters  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Thank goodness to be rid of slingshots - and I still have weighted socks hanging in my trees!
I was still wearing odd socks only yesterday!
When the csv19 launcher arrived I was amazed by its craftmanship. Alan answered all my emails.
First firing I easily cleared my 160ft poplars.
I put up four G5RVs (I have to be patriotic) with switchable lobes - one on UK. Then it opened up antenna simulation for my experiments.
Our local group beg me to do repeat launchings and we used the launcher to put up a high sloper for a local 84 year old ham. Buffalo Gil W2/G3LBS

K8AC Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2005 10:39 Send this review to a friend
The Ultimate!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Obviously a bit of engineering went into this device. The use of the sprinkler system valve is ingenius. You control the height of the shot by pumping up the air chamber to the appropriate pressure. No need for power compressors - a high pressure bicycle pump works just great, and easily pressurizes the tank to the maximum 80 psi. When you're not installing antennas, you can amaze your friends and neighbors by shooting tennis balls 300 feet straight up! Seriously, if you use trees to support your wire antennas, you'll find this to be a much better tool than a slingshot.

K6HYA Rating: 5/5 Sep 7, 2005 14:39 Send this review to a friend
Works Great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This will allow those hams who want to experiment with wire antennas to actually get wire into the trees at the optimum height. I've tried many different approaches to get the fishline over the tree. Arrows and slingshots just have too many associated problems with them. The arrows get stuck in the tree branches and won't come down. The slingshot won't make it over the tall tree. The Launcher has fixed my fallen Sterba Curtain in no time. I'm now finally able to go after the Rhombic. The support trees were too far apart for my bow to get a line over the trees and brush that were in between. The distance between support trees is over 200 feet. It's been a nightmare having to shoot the arrow halfway between the support trees, find the arrow in the brush, clear enough branches out of the way to get the next shot, etc. Alan made a larger pressure chamber and a bit longer barrel for me to deal with the horizontal distance problem. I've sent a tennis ball over 300 feet using this Launcher. Also, there's no waiting for the ball to come down once it made it over the tree. The tennis balls are weighted and come right down. I've waited days for the wind to get my arrow down through the branches. No more!
I'm quite satisfied with the product as it is. I think the instructions could contain a bit less options which can be confusing. I believe that there's an improved set of instructions in the works. I've finally found the tool I've been searching for on the air for many months. I've had many discussions about RC helicopters, RC helium balloons, catapults and all kinds of power company guns with bullets that have fishline attached. Nothing comes near this inexpensive solution.
iggy K6HYA

KZ1X Rating: 5/5 Sep 3, 2005 11:40 Send this review to a friend
I agree  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Please tell me: what was I thinking BEFORE I got one of these? It is nearly shocking to know I was able to put up ANY antennas the old way. And, with such low antennas, my station suffered in performance.

With the improvement in system performance since I started putting antennas up at the correct height, having the CSV19 is like adding an amplifier.

Yes, this gizmo is THAT good.

And, it doesn't even touch the improvements yielded at Field Day. Look for W4EZ to come in 1st place 7A battery QRP.

I take a portable 9 gal. air tank with me, filled aat home (I have a big compressor) to 90 PSI. This tank is good for 20-25 launches at max power.