Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | WB6ZQZ CSV19 Pneumatic Antenna Launching System Help

Reviews Summary for WB6ZQZ CSV19 Pneumatic Antenna Launching System
WB6ZQZ CSV19 Pneumatic Antenna Launching System Reviews: 13 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $119
Description: The CSV19 Antenna Launcher Full Parts Kit includes all the parts for the CSV19 launcher. This includes the precision machined parts plus the hard to find SDR21 Tennsi Ball Barrel, the trigger valve, a small pressure gauge, and more. This version of the launcher uses the standard 4" diameter chamber and is 19" in overall length. The CSV19 weighs about 6.5 pounds. Just add cement and a few simple tools and assemble your own compact high performance Pneumatic Antenna Launcher. The CSV19 web page contains the complete information and assembly instructions for the launcher. The kit does not include cement or accessories such as the reel or mount. See the CSV19 Antenna Launcher Flyer for a detailed list of components included in the Kit. Launcher Kits are built on order. Parts are usually in stock, but it may require up to three weeks to prepare and ship the kit. The Full Kit sells for $99 plus $20 shipping and handling.
More info: http://www.qsl.net/wb6zqz/csv19/

You can write your own review of the WB6ZQZ CSV19 Pneumatic Antenna Launching System.

KZ1X Rating: 5/5 Sep 3, 2005 11:40 Send this review to a friend
I agree  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Please tell me: what was I thinking BEFORE I got one of these? It is nearly shocking to know I was able to put up ANY antennas the old way. And, with such low antennas, my station suffered in performance.

With the improvement in system performance since I started putting antennas up at the correct height, having the CSV19 is like adding an amplifier.

Yes, this gizmo is THAT good.

And, it doesn't even touch the improvements yielded at Field Day. Look for W4EZ to come in 1st place 7A battery QRP.

I take a portable 9 gal. air tank with me, filled aat home (I have a big compressor) to 90 PSI. This tank is good for 20-25 launches at max power.

KA1BVE Rating: 5/5 Sep 3, 2005 08:50 Send this review to a friend
Great Device for Wire Antenna Lovers  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought a pre-assembled CSV19 and found it to be an excellent way to put up wire antennas. Using just a cigarette lighter powered tire inflator to pressurize it, I found it could easily fire a line over the tallest trees around. Our club used it to put up our wire antennas at Field Day this year, and had a blast with it. Your local authorities will probably find it a lot less threatening than using a slingshot or crossbow, which are bound to attract their attention. When you fire it off, it makes a noise like a barking seal, and isn't really all that noticeable. Get one for your club's next field day, ande share it among your club members throughout the year to get everyone's antennas up as high as possible. It's a great product.

N2WN Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2005 07:13 Send this review to a friend
Easy way to get height  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Alan has a nice item here, that you can build yourself or buy a kit (various). If you have an electric tire pump, paint ball compressed air tank or other compressor, you're all set to go. I've tried the strong arm method, arrows, slingshots, and commercial line throwing guns (using .22). This is the best reasonably priced reusable solution I've seen. It will easily top the 80' trees I have to work with at times. It also has tremendous "gee whiz" appeal! Various reels can be mounted, I bought the Antenna Launcher Zip Reel (designed and assembled by Eric WD6CMU) as well.