Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | Green Heron Engineering RT-20 Help

Reviews Summary for Green Heron Engineering RT-20
Green Heron Engineering RT-20 Reviews: 35 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $569
Description: Rotator controller
More info: http://www.greenheronengineering.com

You can write your own review of the Green Heron Engineering RT-20.

N1CX Rating: 5/5 Dec 28, 2013 10:14 Send this review to a friend
Great rotor controller!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've installed about 12-14 of these boxes now since they came out. Very well designed and thought out product. In all the time they have been in the field only one has broken and was repaired for minimal charge. They're accurate, easy to setup and calibrate, and just plain work.

In addition to this I'd also like to review the company as well. I've worked with Jeff for a long time with these boxes and have to say he's one of the best people you could buy a product from in the ham industry. The guy is a smart cookie and is always ready to lend a hand if there is a problem. He even called me from Hawaii once on his vacation to give me some information I needed at a remote location. Ya can't ask for better than that!

KG4LRU Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2012 22:03 Send this review to a friend
Good quality  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had the pleasure running the Green Heron rotor box for several years I cant say enough good things on this box . I also have his prop pitch box that is sold through K7NV. Never any issues with this box .

KB9NW Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2012 19:01 Send this review to a friend
Point & Shoot  Time owned: more than 12 months
An awesome product for your rotor. Jeff sends it configured to work correctly with your hardware. If somethings fails during the warranty period, you can expect quick turn around and great customer service. The configuration software is a real plus especially if a wind storm should bump that beam off by a few degrees. I've never had the cover off this unit unlike most of the other components in this shack so I can only assume that its robust. This thing just works and works great.

VK2BJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2012 12:34 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I had the urgent need for a rotator controller when my Emotator controller suffered a sudden mechanical failure several months ago.

I corresponded with Jeff of Green Heron whose response times and customer service were second to none.

As the RT-20 appeared suitable, I ordered one. It arrived within a few days and with help from Jeff regarding the wiring (this was the first Emotator of this model he knew about) I quickly had it up and running.

I am very happy with the RT-20 and would recommend it to anyone who needs a replacement rotator controller.

W1WN Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2012 04:39 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I can only parrot what the others have said. A well made product with excellent service from Jeff. I made some inquiries prior to ordering. Each was promptly answered by Jeff with either a return email or a phone call. I ordered the "D" model. It arrived in one business day, configured to my Yaesu rotor. Setup was easy although I did have a few questions. Again each was answered with a return email, often coming in less than 15 minutes. A fantastic looking product as well!

K3PA Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2011 12:16 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Smooth, fast, reliable, great service. Don;t buy anything else.

If you have a DCU-1, throw it in the garbage...

AL7F Rating: 5/5 Jun 8, 2011 17:38 Send this review to a friend
OUTSTANDING  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased an RT-21 from an estate on EBAY last year and had to call Jeff W2FU for help getting it reprogrammed for my T2X. I just changed to an ALFA SPID and couldn't get it to rotate CW. I called Jeff again and he had me do some test with it and found that it had a bad DC relay. I sent the board to him and he repaired it and shipped it back to me in Alaska by Pri. Mail and did it all for FREE. He is a GREAT HAM and builds a GREAT controller. Mike KL2RD

VE2AED Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2011 06:03 Send this review to a friend
Amazing Controller  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased the controller at Dayton 2010 and use it currently with a Yaesu G2800 rotator,it's been 1 year.

Not only is the RT-20 universal, but has features never seen before,usb interface and included software ,which, acts as a server and a controller (yes I have turned my antenna from China), slows the motor down to a crawl as it ramps up and again as it reaches its heading ,as a result ,since using this controller I have never had a loose bolt in the rotor. Accuracy is absolute and excellent internal construction plus a very heavy duty internal power transformer complement the RT-20 . Unfortunately I can only give this product a rating of 5 :)
Howard VE2AED

K9OQ Rating: 5/5 May 25, 2011 17:57 Send this review to a friend
Great Product and Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just have to agree with all the positive comments. One of the great features is the ability to calibrate the box and rotor for the M2 rotor with the set up software available on the Green Heron Engineering site. I had a problem at first because I din't look at the site first before I started trying to manually calibrate the unit and got an error message. Jeff took his time the day before leaving for Dayton to call and help me out. Now it is working great. Why can't everything be like this!

N6WIN Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2011 23:12 Send this review to a friend
Is there anything better?  Time owned: more than 12 months
From the use, to build quality, to support, I can't imagine having but something better. USB, point and shoot knob, easy field changes on menu...

I had my M2 Orion let my mast slip over 120 degrees, no problem for the GH, changed the heading and start/stop points and kept on going until I could climb the tower.

The box works excellent with Writelog, N1MM, DX Lab Suites, and my fingers.

Jeff has amazing customer support. I recently dealt with a lot of vendors in order to put together my new station. Jeff was one of the few guys that really wanted to take care of me, the customer.

I really feel good knowing I can use this box with so many different rotators.