Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Jetstream JTPS28 Help

Reviews Summary for Jetstream JTPS28
Jetstream JTPS28 Reviews: 31 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $79.95
Description: 25/28 amp power supply. 25 amp continuous / 28 amp peak.
More info: http://www.jetstream-usa.com/jtps28.shtml

You can write your own review of the Jetstream JTPS28.

N6BOB Rating: 5/5 May 30, 2009 21:25 Send this review to a friend
Nice supply  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sharp looking and quiet as far as rf hash goes. The internal fan on mine is a little loud, actually it is the sound of air being drawn into the case but not too bad as I have found with the MFJ switcher.
This is a very nice looking professional supply. The front outputs are for up to 28 amps and the Lighter socket up to 7 amps and 7 amps on the back for another set of terminals. Very nice job. About the exact size of my Samples SEC 1223 but with front terminals. Would be good to take portable is it could run multiple rigs... HF and VHF at the same time.
Good job Jetstream.

EX_AA5JG Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2009 07:09 Send this review to a friend
Does the job!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I picked up one of these supplies in a package deal 3 years ago. I have since sold or traded the other stuff that came with it, but am still using it in the shack. No problems with it at all. I haven't noticed any RF hash on the bands from it, and the cigarette lighter socket on the front is really nice for hooking up accessories.

Nice, small profile that puts out a decent amount of current. If I needed another power supply I would buy one of these in a heartbeat!

K2TV Rating: 5/5 May 18, 2009 18:15 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this supply for my HF "go-kit" and liked it so much, I put it on line full time to power my Kenwood TS-480SAT back-up rig. RF wise it turned out to be a very quiet supply with little RF hash found on any of the bands. The internal cooling fan makes a bit of noise on start up, but quiets down after a few seconds. I tested the regulation on the bench with a set of load resistors and it was excellent. The only complaint is that the documentation was poor, with no schematic diagram included. Of course lack of documentation seems to be a bad habit with many switching supply manufacturers. I give it a five rating because it is an excellent product for the money even without a schematic diagram.

KK2DOG Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2009 23:31 Send this review to a friend
Two Thumbs Up !  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Per the specs:
"The cigarette lighter plug (on front) and binding posts (on back) are limited to 7 amps total. If you are using more than 7 amps, you must use the front binding posts which will provide up to 28 amps."

My usage:
I'm using it to power a Mirage B5016-G 160 watt 2-meter amplifier and it works just fine. There is a fan in the power supply, but it is no louder than the fan in my Icom IC-706MKIIG.

RF hash/interference:
I was skeptical in getting a switching power supply, but I am happy to report that I am receiving ZERO interference from it. As a matter of fact, my Icom IC-706MKIIG is sitting on TOP of it, and my Icom IC-756PRO is about 1.5' away as well with absolutely no issues whatsoever.

Conclusion:
This 25/(28 peak) amp switching power supply is probably the best deal that you will find for
the price. It is switchable to accept either 110-120V or 200-240V input which is user selectable. It's pretty compact (7"w x 2 1/4"h x 8"d) and weighs 4 pounds. This is a fixed 13.8 power supply.

WA6MOW Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2009 18:51 Send this review to a friend
A Great Value!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hard to beleive that you can buy a supply for $80 bucks that works as well as this one does. Powers my Icom 746Pro with no sweat. Birdies appear non existent on all bands. Bought mine from Cheapham and had it within 3 days. It is hard to justify a big clunky regulated supply, with all its heat etc. I'm sold on these little switching power supplies. There is some fan noise but the fan in my Pro buries it.

WD0FIA Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2008 21:25 Send this review to a friend
Great Battery Backup PS  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my second JTPS28. I bought the first from RandL.com, and this one from Cheapham.com.

I bought this second unit to use in my GO kit. I like the high amperage output, low noise, and light weight.

The fact that it is about 1/3 the weight, and 2/3 the cost of my Astron was the deciding factor. It runs cool to the touch even when running my 100 watt repeater, or TS-140.

I think it gives a lot of "Bang per Buck". I never notice the fan noise that others complain about in either of my units. I own Astron, Tripplite and Pyramid units as well, and I would say it is equal to the Astron in quality, and superior in convenience.

KC9AXZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 24, 2008 16:13 Send this review to a friend
Good PS  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought one of these power supplies for my travel kit. Works great, fits in the tool box. This thing is way smaller and lighter than my big linear 40A supply on the desk. If you plan to build a "go kit" or just a portable hamshack you need one of these. They also fit on the shack desk real well too.

K0UC Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2008 21:03 Send this review to a friend
Nice little power supply  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I don't know why I put up with the big old clunker linear supply as long as I did.
This thing works great.

Like the meter lights. Like the cig. lighter jack. Adjustable voltage is nice...has a detent where 13.8 is. Handy!

Fan Noise is very minimal. RF noise is nil that I've seen.

I too wish the binding posts were in back, but no big deal. My fan (and the LED) are always on..even with little or no load. Not sure why, but don't care much.

As usual R&L got it here quickly and safely.

WB2FTX Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2008 21:27 Send this review to a friend
Great, wish I found it sooner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a Jetstream JTPS28 power supply from R& L Electronics. I did this with a small amount of hestitancy because of my previous experience with switching power suppilies.. I had two Radio Shack 25 amp units that generated a large amount of RF hash across the HF spectrum... I also used a linear Astron RS-20A suppy but that failed in use on my Pactor MBO (24/7 operation) after three months.

I installed the Jetstream supply 12 hours ago...
It is still cold to the touch in a 75 degree F environment...I have seen no RF hash and the voltage stabilization is excellant.

Highly recommend this to others... the price is certainly good when you compare it to similarly rated linear supplies.

K7TEM Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2007 16:06 Send this review to a friend
Nice little supply  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought my JTPS28 in the summer of 2007. I wanted to say the supply works great and the company R&L Electronics was great to deal with. I had it sent to the wrong address by mistake and they did everything they could to help me find it. Would recommend this supply to any HAM wanting a small great working supply.