Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Jetstream JTPS28 Help

Reviews Summary for Jetstream JTPS28
Jetstream JTPS28 Reviews: 34 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $79.95
Description: 25/28 amp power supply. 25 amp continuous / 28 amp peak.
More info: http://www.jetstream-usa.com/jtps28.shtml

You can write your own review of the Jetstream JTPS28.

KF5EYR Rating: 1/5 Apr 7, 2010 20:07 Send this review to a friend
Bad Out Of The Box  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My copy was bad out of the box. Immediately tripped the circuit protection. When I finally got it to stay running; I had constant voltage spikes and repeated shut downs. I emailed Jetstream, and they got back to me after 3 days or so, and told me they would swap it out. I decided I didn't want to fool with all the packing, insurance, and the somewhat tardy reply etc. I ordered an Astron linear which has turned out to be an excellent purchase. I stripped what I thought I could use off of the Jetstream and chunked it. Most of the reviews I have read on Jetstream are usually good and I was somewhat surprised that mine was a lemon. I am sure mine was just a glitch on the assembly line. Be that as it may, good quality control would have caught it at the end of the assembly process. But, did not. So, I am unlikely to purchase any other Jetstream product in the future.

WA6MOW Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2010 14:00 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Switcher  Time owned: more than 12 months
The other reviews are right on. My linear supplies are now door stops. This little guy is environmentally correct and does the job for less than $100.00.

N2KTV Rating: 5/5 Oct 3, 2009 18:34 Send this review to a friend
Good Little Power Supply  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very nice little power supply. I concur with the other reviewers - a bit noisy, but I bought this one used on e-bay for $59 & you just can't go wrong at that price

N6BOB Rating: 5/5 May 30, 2009 21:25 Send this review to a friend
Nice supply  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sharp looking and quiet as far as rf hash goes. The internal fan on mine is a little loud, actually it is the sound of air being drawn into the case but not too bad as I have found with the MFJ switcher.
This is a very nice looking professional supply. The front outputs are for up to 28 amps and the Lighter socket up to 7 amps and 7 amps on the back for another set of terminals. Very nice job. About the exact size of my Samples SEC 1223 but with front terminals. Would be good to take portable is it could run multiple rigs... HF and VHF at the same time.
Good job Jetstream.

EX_AA5JG Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2009 07:09 Send this review to a friend
Does the job!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I picked up one of these supplies in a package deal 3 years ago. I have since sold or traded the other stuff that came with it, but am still using it in the shack. No problems with it at all. I haven't noticed any RF hash on the bands from it, and the cigarette lighter socket on the front is really nice for hooking up accessories.

Nice, small profile that puts out a decent amount of current. If I needed another power supply I would buy one of these in a heartbeat!

K2TV Rating: 5/5 May 18, 2009 18:15 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this supply for my HF "go-kit" and liked it so much, I put it on line full time to power my Kenwood TS-480SAT back-up rig. RF wise it turned out to be a very quiet supply with little RF hash found on any of the bands. The internal cooling fan makes a bit of noise on start up, but quiets down after a few seconds. I tested the regulation on the bench with a set of load resistors and it was excellent. The only complaint is that the documentation was poor, with no schematic diagram included. Of course lack of documentation seems to be a bad habit with many switching supply manufacturers. I give it a five rating because it is an excellent product for the money even without a schematic diagram.

KK2DOG Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2009 23:31 Send this review to a friend
Two Thumbs Up !  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Per the specs:
"The cigarette lighter plug (on front) and binding posts (on back) are limited to 7 amps total. If you are using more than 7 amps, you must use the front binding posts which will provide up to 28 amps."

My usage:
I'm using it to power a Mirage B5016-G 160 watt 2-meter amplifier and it works just fine. There is a fan in the power supply, but it is no louder than the fan in my Icom IC-706MKIIG.

RF hash/interference:
I was skeptical in getting a switching power supply, but I am happy to report that I am receiving ZERO interference from it. As a matter of fact, my Icom IC-706MKIIG is sitting on TOP of it, and my Icom IC-756PRO is about 1.5' away as well with absolutely no issues whatsoever.

Conclusion:
This 25/(28 peak) amp switching power supply is probably the best deal that you will find for
the price. It is switchable to accept either 110-120V or 200-240V input which is user selectable. It's pretty compact (7"w x 2 1/4"h x 8"d) and weighs 4 pounds. This is a fixed 13.8 power supply.

WA6MOW Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2009 18:51 Send this review to a friend
A Great Value!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hard to beleive that you can buy a supply for $80 bucks that works as well as this one does. Powers my Icom 746Pro with no sweat. Birdies appear non existent on all bands. Bought mine from Cheapham and had it within 3 days. It is hard to justify a big clunky regulated supply, with all its heat etc. I'm sold on these little switching power supplies. There is some fan noise but the fan in my Pro buries it.

WD0FIA Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2008 21:25 Send this review to a friend
Great Battery Backup PS  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my second JTPS28. I bought the first from RandL.com, and this one from Cheapham.com.

I bought this second unit to use in my GO kit. I like the high amperage output, low noise, and light weight.

The fact that it is about 1/3 the weight, and 2/3 the cost of my Astron was the deciding factor. It runs cool to the touch even when running my 100 watt repeater, or TS-140.

I think it gives a lot of "Bang per Buck". I never notice the fan noise that others complain about in either of my units. I own Astron, Tripplite and Pyramid units as well, and I would say it is equal to the Astron in quality, and superior in convenience.

KC9AXZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 24, 2008 16:13 Send this review to a friend
Good PS  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought one of these power supplies for my travel kit. Works great, fits in the tool box. This thing is way smaller and lighter than my big linear 40A supply on the desk. If you plan to build a "go kit" or just a portable hamshack you need one of these. They also fit on the shack desk real well too.