Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | RigExpert USB Transceiver Interface (Plus Version) Help

Reviews Summary for RigExpert USB Transceiver Interface (Plus Version)
RigExpert USB Transceiver Interface (Plus Version) Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $305.
Description: RigExpert Plus is an electronic device designed to operate phone, CW, and digital modes using personal computer and transceiver. Previously, a TNC or sound card was needed for this purpose, along with lots of cables, occupying computer sound card and serial ports. All of this is not needed anymore. Following up-to-date technology, USB interface is chosen to connect RigExpert Plus to a computer. No additional interface circuit needed for transceiver connection.

RigExpert Plus combines:

Transceiver audio interface for operating digital modes, voice recording and playback a totally compatible sound card for any ham radio software.
CAT (Computer Aided Transceiver) system, which controls transceiver frequency, mode and other functions by computer, supporting various models of transceivers.
FSK operation to get crystal-clear RTTY signal.
Built-in electronic CW keyer (using the popular WINKEY version 10 chip).

In addition to a year of full warranty we offer our customers a 30-day money back guarantee (100% refund), if you don't like the product.

More info: http://www.rigexpert.net/main.html

You can write your own review of the RigExpert USB Transceiver Interface (Plus Version).

W3GWW Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2006 17:57 Send this review to a friend
Things they do tell you but you missed.  Time owned: more than 12 months
The RigExpert Plus does work with any Software... but NOT any Operating System. All flyers and website specifications that I have ever seen state this clearly as, "Windows 98/ME/2000/XP and Linux compatible" (as copied off of the www.rigexpert.com website). That being said, I know of at least 3 hams that are using the RigExpert Plus with their Mac computers with something called (I believe) Virtual PC.

W3LK Rating: 3/5 Mar 4, 2006 15:47 Send this review to a friend
Things they don't tell you  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I spent some time looking and playing with a demo of this unit at a hamfest last month, and even though I think it is way overpriced, I was just about ready to plunk down the money - especially when I was told it works with ANY software. Even their web site proclaims this. Well, that's not exactly true.

It will work with any WINDOWS software. It doesn't work under the Mac OS and they have no plans to write MAC drivers for it. That ended my interest.

I would love to give it a 0 rating, but it's probably a decent, if overpriced, piece of Windows hardware.

W5SV Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2006 21:15 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was getting tired of all the stray wires, and converters (USB to serial port) needed, and sub-optimal sound cards for the sound card digital modes; I wanted to use FSK for RTTY, and I wanted it easy to set up. When the box arrived, It took less than 10 minutes to get it fully operational and configured, both for DX-Lab and WinWarbler, and for MixW; and it works very well. By far the easiest to use rig interface I have used,

K4PRO Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2005 09:12 Send this review to a friend
Excellent piece of engineering  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am excited about being able to write the first review for this product. I have never been more proud to own such of an exceptional piece of Ham Radio hardware. In the past I have owned many rig interfaces including the Rig Blaster by West Mountain, and even made a few myself, and without a doubt the MixW RigExpert Plus is one of the finest you can buy. This thing is loaded with features. It has a built in USB Hub, Four (4) Serial ports, it has one for CAT, one for PTT/CW one for the WinKey, and one for FSK, a built in sound card, and if that isn't enough it even has the K1EL WinKey v.10 built into it. Did I mention it has Optical In/Out ports for some of the new rigs like the ICOM IC-7800, or how about the extra USB port on the back of the unit. I couldn't have ever imagined being able to plug all of my stuff into my computer with one single cable. If you ever have an issue that you can't resolve just give Glenn Wetherell, W3GWW at Rig Technologies a call he is very helpful and returns calls and emails promptly. If you are looking for an all in one interface this is it, look no further.