Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | LPC Wireless, KI4NR Help

Reviews Summary for LPC Wireless, KI4NR
LPC Wireless, KI4NR Reviews: 200 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $40/Hr
Description: Repair Service for Yaesu, Kenwood & Icom HF Equipment

Specialize in Lightning Damage Repairs, Performance modifications, Audio work

Very reasonable rates & Speedy turn around.

More info: http://www.qsl.net/ki4nr/

You can write your own review of the LPC Wireless, KI4NR.

KA1LQE Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2017 12:52 Send this review to a friend
Always great work  Time owned: more than 12 months
Finally got so I could login to eham. John repaired my Icom 760 MKIIG. Did a great job as usual. Highly recommended. Really the best in the business. Thanks John.

KJ4JDX Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2017 04:13 Send this review to a friend
Great work  Time owned: more than 12 months
John has always done a great job on the many radios he has repaired for me and my friends. I don't know of any dissatisfied customers. If it is fixable, he can do it. He is honest and will not rip you off. He makes it as good or better than new.

N2MDV Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2017 15:21 Send this review to a friend
Very, very, fair indeed!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had the unfortunate to buy an early Kenwood TM-D710A. Oh, don get me wrong, I think that this is a fantastically featured dual-band rig. However, mine was early enough to have the TOKO IF filters flaw, where DC voltage is applied to them, causing corrosion of dissimilar metals to happen within the filters, thus the receiver would act like a -40dB attenuator was switched on it. Not wanting to try to replace the filters myself, let alone try to do the adding of SMT DC blocking CAPīs to the new filters, I asked John if he could do it. He agreed that TOKO had a bash of bad filters in Kenwood and Yaesu rigs, but did not want to attempt to do the modification either. Instead, he suggested replacing the TOKOīs with better rated Token IF filters, as he seen added to newer Yaesu rigs. I accepted his suggestion and really liked the price that he quoted to me, just under $100.00USDīs (Thatīs with shipping.). He even held the rig for an extra week for me while I had to go out of state. 3 weeks later, I gotten the rig back and it all appears to be hearing as well as it did before on all bands, even the non-TX bands like aircraft AM, 300MHz, 222MHz, 900MHz, 162MHz NOAA Weather, and 1.2GHz. Thus far, two weeks of use to try it all out. Will the new Token filters stand the test of time? We shall see. However, consider what Kenwood East would do. Charge X3 more and most likely put the same type of TOKO filters in, which you know will fail. You have a tough fix that you don not want to try to attempt? E-mail John and see what he can do for you.

K3AYW Rating: 5/5 Jun 20, 2017 13:52 Send this review to a friend
Kenwood TS2000 Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
John did a excellent Job repairing my TS2000, while
I waited. Most Tech's would not allow that.
The Best in the Business. Great Work, very
Professional

K1SB Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2017 10:14 Send this review to a friend
Yaesu FT-950 lighting strike  Time owned: more than 12 months
Living in Florida ,lighting is always a major issue. I took a direct hit on my tower and though well grounded and protected the damage to my shack and home was considerable. My Yaesu Ft-950 was hit. herd of John on the internet and called him. he was busy at the time but within a month he called and said bring it over ( I live in the area). work was done quickly and radio returned in a week. John has the knowledge and equipment to repair radios down to the component level (rare to find these days) ---- he is NOT a board changer but rather a radio repairman. thank you John. Stan

KI4KSY Rating: 5/5 May 30, 2017 04:55 Send this review to a friend
FT-857d  Time owned: more than 12 months
Unbelievable! After receiving the radio back from the manufacture and still having problems, I dropped it off with John and he had it fixed within an hour.

KG4WPV Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2017 08:12 Send this review to a friend
Kenwood ts 950sd  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I highly recommend john fixed my Kenwood ts 950sd in know time he does great work so if you won't it fixed right I highly recommend John thank you ki4nr.

KJ4XX Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2017 02:24 Send this review to a friend
Awesome  Time owned: more than 12 months
Very dedicated to his quality of work, even cleaning up others mess. Very knowledgeable.

N4HOQ Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2017 10:41 Send this review to a friend
Amateur Radio Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had a couple of Icom Radio's repaired by John and I am completely satisfied with John's work. I believe his work it at
a high quality and his price is fair.

KK4GGL Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2017 17:34 Send this review to a friend
IC-718 Repair  Time owned: months
I highly recommend John's work. He is fast, accurate, and the fee is very reasonable.