Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | LPC Wireless, KI4NR Help

Reviews Summary for LPC Wireless, KI4NR
LPC Wireless, KI4NR Reviews: 183 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $40/Hr
Description: Repair Service for Yaesu, Kenwood & Icom HF Equipment.

Custom modifications, SSB Hi Fi Audio work, Lightning Damage Repairs.

Very reasonable Rates & Turn Around.

You can write your own review of the LPC Wireless, KI4NR.

WI1X Rating: 5/5 Aug 30, 2016 12:07 Send this review to a friend
Wizard repair technician!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hello all. John let me bring my Icom 756 Pro 3 to him only being 20 miles away, I was about to give it up for dead, smoke came out of it and thought it was now a pile of junk. John opened it up and in a matter of minutes he had a Big smile on my face. He had it up running and told me he could repair it. It looked like it had been hit by lightning but I knew it hadn't. I can't tell you all how good this man is I call him a wizard.
Thank you John. Best to you. You have my loyalty. Bob wi1x
KK6BS Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2016 19:07 Send this review to a friend
Best Experience Ever  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just like to echo the comments of so many regarding John, KI4NR. I brought him a sick 706MK2G which had been sitting in the bottom of a pick-up truck for years. Was DOA and had a water line on the outside. Not only did he repair a circuit trace and replace several components, including SMD, John gave the rig a deep cleaning inside and out. The thing looks great and plays like a brand new xceiver. He also adjusted bias on HF driver and final stages then checked xmit and receive specs. The price was so reasonable (shocking), I gave him a tip. Extremely knowledgeable, FAST, reasonable pricing and a cool dude to just talk with. Great to know I have an excellent go-to guy for any future problems.
KV1P Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2016 04:49 Send this review to a friend
FT-950 repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just like to say when John works on your radio you will experience the 3 F; they are Fair pricing for both his time and parts very fair, Fast turnaround time left my 950 on Thursday afternoon repair completed on Friday evening, and Fantastic workmanship very professional showed me photos of before and after he completed his work. I would use John for whatever problems or advice in the future!
K4DVW Rating: 5/5 Jun 26, 2016 06:06 Send this review to a friend
KENWOOD TS-990 REPAIR  Time owned: more than 12 months
What a great experience! I was so depressed when my KENWOOD TS-990 Radio wouldn't all of a sudden transmit. Called John from a referral from another ham. He said he was glad to look at it. I drove 175 mile across Florida and brought it to him. He was able to diagnose and repair it the same day! He showed me and explained the repair, and gave me the old bad parts. Nice shop and great guy to deal with. IF EVER I need a tech again, he will be it> Thanks again John.
KD4OUO Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2016 07:31 Send this review to a friend
Repair work  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Thank you John working on my ICOM 746. All I can say it's working excellent and thank you. From KD4OUO. lenny
KE4AMQ Rating: 5/5 Jun 20, 2016 18:05 Send this review to a friend
WOW what a tech  Time owned: more than 12 months
I took my ft1000mp mkv to john after calling him to set up a good time to come. John knowing I had a 500 mile round trip got me in there quickly, and let me wait while the repairs were being conducted. Not only did he let me wait he explained what he was doing let me verify test results, and explained what the problems with the faulty parts. This guy is not only a great tech but also a friend, he is caring to your needs. I know for a fact that John has repaired radios for people with low or no income. Now that's a real man I thank the good lord up above there are people like John in this world he is someone dedicated to his work and the ham community. I cant say enough good about this man great job John anyone that wants to contact me about Johns work ethics feel free to call 772-370-5518
KK4HEP Rating: 5/5 Jun 20, 2016 15:54 Send this review to a friend
Excellent repair technician!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
John, KI4NR, is absolutely a top notch repair technician. My story begins with a ic-706mkiig that was purchased at a local hamfest. The radio had an intermittent no transmit/receive issue that was driving me crazy. I brought the radio to another 'technician' located in Tampa, fl for repair. After a couple months and a couple hundred dollars later, I had a radio which no longer worked at all! Feeling lost and out of 'disposable income' I set the transceiver on the shelf. I then ran into another ham who told me about John. I contacted him a while later and he assured me that he WOULD fix the radio. Upon arrival at John's shop, he tore the 706 apart an immediately noticed missing parts. It was later discovered that the other 'technician' also stole my mkiig display board and replaced it with a non- functional mkii board! Even with all these issues, John repaired the radio to perfect working order. He even fabricated the missing heat sheild and grounding tab! I can't say enough about John. Great service, great communication... An excellent overall experience. A+++
KB2KOS Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2016 14:02 Send this review to a friend
yaesu 950  Time owned: more than 12 months
I lived in lake country where john lived too know him for 15 years, he fixed my yeasu 950 had a solfwere problem. when I got its back its was better then new he took the time to paint the top cover 73 kb2kos
W4AJF Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2016 15:46 Send this review to a friend
FANTASTIC  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have sent John radios for repair and whenever I need advice he is always ready to help. Not only is he an incredible technician but he is a kind, fair, and caring person. I can not recommend him highly enough! Adam Farber W4AJF
WW4UW Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2016 15:04 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Repairman!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
John has repaired many radios for me in the past but recently he repaired my TS 940s, TS 2000 and just today he repaired my IC 7000. I would not send my radio to anyone else as long is John available. His attention to detail is off the chart. THE BEST!!!!! You will not be disappointed.