Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | LPC Wireless, KI4NR Help

Reviews Summary for LPC Wireless, KI4NR
LPC Wireless, KI4NR Reviews: 190 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $40/Hr
Description: Repair Service for Yaesu, Kenwood & Icom HF Equipment

Specialize in Lightning Damage Repairs, Performance modifications, Audio work

Very reasonable rates & Speedy turn around.

More info: http://www.qsl.net/ki4nr/

You can write your own review of the LPC Wireless, KI4NR.

K4DVW Rating: 5/5 Jun 26, 2016 06:06 Send this review to a friend
KENWOOD TS-990 REPAIR  Time owned: more than 12 months
What a great experience! I was so depressed when my KENWOOD TS-990 Radio wouldn't all of a sudden transmit. Called John from a referral from another ham. He said he was glad to look at it. I drove 175 mile across Florida and brought it to him. He was able to diagnose and repair it the same day! He showed me and explained the repair, and gave me the old bad parts. Nice shop and great guy to deal with. IF EVER I need a tech again, he will be it> Thanks again John.

KD4OUO Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2016 07:31 Send this review to a friend
Repair work  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Thank you John working on my ICOM 746. All I can say it's working excellent and thank you. From KD4OUO. lenny

KE4AMQ Rating: 5/5 Jun 20, 2016 18:05 Send this review to a friend
WOW what a tech  Time owned: more than 12 months
I took my ft1000mp mkv to john after calling him to set up a good time to come. John knowing I had a 500 mile round trip got me in there quickly, and let me wait while the repairs were being conducted. Not only did he let me wait he explained what he was doing let me verify test results, and explained what the problems with the faulty parts. This guy is not only a great tech but also a friend, he is caring to your needs. I know for a fact that John has repaired radios for people with low or no income. Now that's a real man I thank the good lord up above there are people like John in this world he is someone dedicated to his work and the ham community. I cant say enough good about this man great job John anyone that wants to contact me about Johns work ethics feel free to call 772-370-5518

KK4HEP Rating: 5/5 Jun 20, 2016 15:54 Send this review to a friend
Excellent repair technician!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
John, KI4NR, is absolutely a top notch repair technician. My story begins with a ic-706mkiig that was purchased at a local hamfest. The radio had an intermittent no transmit/receive issue that was driving me crazy. I brought the radio to another 'technician' located in Tampa, fl for repair. After a couple months and a couple hundred dollars later, I had a radio which no longer worked at all! Feeling lost and out of 'disposable income' I set the transceiver on the shelf. I then ran into another ham who told me about John. I contacted him a while later and he assured me that he WOULD fix the radio. Upon arrival at John's shop, he tore the 706 apart an immediately noticed missing parts. It was later discovered that the other 'technician' also stole my mkiig display board and replaced it with a non- functional mkii board! Even with all these issues, John repaired the radio to perfect working order. He even fabricated the missing heat sheild and grounding tab! I can't say enough about John. Great service, great communication... An excellent overall experience. A+++

KB2KOS Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2016 14:02 Send this review to a friend
yaesu 950  Time owned: more than 12 months
I lived in lake country where john lived too know him for 15 years, he fixed my yeasu 950 had a solfwere problem. when I got its back its was better then new he took the time to paint the top cover 73 kb2kos

W4AJF Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2016 15:46 Send this review to a friend
FANTASTIC  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have sent John radios for repair and whenever I need advice he is always ready to help. Not only is he an incredible technician but he is a kind, fair, and caring person. I can not recommend him highly enough! Adam Farber W4AJF

WW4UW Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2016 15:04 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Repairman!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
John has repaired many radios for me in the past but recently he repaired my TS 940s, TS 2000 and just today he repaired my IC 7000. I would not send my radio to anyone else as long is John available. His attention to detail is off the chart. THE BEST!!!!! You will not be disappointed.

W1UFL Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2016 13:47 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
John came highly recommended to me by numerous local ham operators in my area and since I am close enough to drive I took him an IC-706MK2G which had an intermittent issue. John meticulously went through the radio, repaired it to better than new, and even fabricated a new clip for the head piece as they were on back order from Icom. Talk about service! It looked like a brand new 706 when I went to pick it up. He knew I also had a TS-2000 Kenwood and asked me to bring that when I came to pick up the Icom. While there he replaced a couple of components that are known to be weak even on the later models (mine is early 2014) and even cleaned up after the last tech who had done a MARS modification. He did this while I waited to prevent me from having to make an extra trip. I can't possibly say enough about John, he will forever have any and all business of mine in the future! If you have a repair need I highly recommend him!

KD4BEE Rating: 5/5 May 18, 2016 06:24 Send this review to a friend
Very meticulous repairs  Time owned: more than 12 months
After reading reviews about LPC Wireless, I contacted John about my radio and explained what it was and was not doing. Fortunately, I am about 60 miles from him so he allowed me to drive over with the radio. This guy is a neat freak! Very clean shop area and organized! He found the common problem where the trace was damaged by the glue from a pad that Icom had installed. He cleaned that area and repaired the trace with a small piece of wire that followed the original trace, not just jumping it with a wire like other techs will do. John is a perfectionist about his work and won’t settle with just getting it done as quickly as possible. I got to see some of his other repairs of lightning strikes to equipment; he had rebuilt the areas of the boards where others would have said to replace the board or radio. I would highly recommend John, KI4NR for all of your radio repairs!

KD4INH Rating: 5/5 May 17, 2016 17:52 Send this review to a friend
Excelent job well done!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I took an Icom 756 Pro to John, about an hour from my home. He was amazing with his experience and professionalism. He knew what the most likely problems were and didn't even need to look at the schematic. And FAST! WOW, he told us to go grab some lunch and he would call me when it was done, probably about an hour. Sure enough he called me in about an hour and told me the radio was ready. When we got back he had fixed the problem (no transmit) and had fixed a few other things that needed attention. He showed me everything he had done and even keyed the radio on all bands to show that all was working. The price was very reasonable and within minutes after we left, he emailed me a complete and detailed bill of everything. He will get more of my business in the future!