Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | LPC Wireless, KI4NR Help

Reviews Summary for LPC Wireless, KI4NR
LPC Wireless, KI4NR Reviews: 182 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $40/Hr
Description: Repair Service for Yaesu, Kenwood & Icom HF Equipment.

Custom modifications, SSB Hi Fi Audio work, Lightning Damage Repairs.

Very reasonable Rates & Turn Around.

More info: http://www.qsl.net/ki4nr/

You can write your own review of the LPC Wireless, KI4NR.

KD4BEE Rating: 5/5 May 18, 2016 06:24 Send this review to a friend
Very meticulous repairs  Time owned: more than 12 months
After reading reviews about LPC Wireless, I contacted John about my radio and explained what it was and was not doing. Fortunately, I am about 60 miles from him so he allowed me to drive over with the radio. This guy is a neat freak! Very clean shop area and organized! He found the common problem where the trace was damaged by the glue from a pad that Icom had installed. He cleaned that area and repaired the trace with a small piece of wire that followed the original trace, not just jumping it with a wire like other techs will do. John is a perfectionist about his work and won’t settle with just getting it done as quickly as possible. I got to see some of his other repairs of lightning strikes to equipment; he had rebuilt the areas of the boards where others would have said to replace the board or radio. I would highly recommend John, KI4NR for all of your radio repairs!

KD4INH Rating: 5/5 May 17, 2016 17:52 Send this review to a friend
Excelent job well done!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I took an Icom 756 Pro to John, about an hour from my home. He was amazing with his experience and professionalism. He knew what the most likely problems were and didn't even need to look at the schematic. And FAST! WOW, he told us to go grab some lunch and he would call me when it was done, probably about an hour. Sure enough he called me in about an hour and told me the radio was ready. When we got back he had fixed the problem (no transmit) and had fixed a few other things that needed attention. He showed me everything he had done and even keyed the radio on all bands to show that all was working. The price was very reasonable and within minutes after we left, he emailed me a complete and detailed bill of everything. He will get more of my business in the future!

KM4GBK Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2016 19:06 Send this review to a friend
Repaired Icom M802 and Ft890  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent him 2 radios to work on. One of them no one else would even touch (M802 icom) and he was able to fix it. Got both radios back working 100 percent and I am very happy with the work he did!! He is a very nice guy to deal with. He will be doing all my future work.

W4RAA Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2016 18:21 Send this review to a friend
The Technician's Technician  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
John has worked on a previous radio for me several years back so when my Yaesu 736R needed some work I emailed John to see if he would take on the radio. I drove two hours to his location and hand delivered the 736R to him and told him what I needed done. John called me when it was completed and ready for pickup. When I arrived the first thing I noticed was that the radio was immaculately cleaned, it looked like a brand new radio. John not only repaired what needed to be done but went through the radio and made sure that everything was working as it should right down to the smallest detail.
John's technical abilities simply put are
second to none. You would be hard pressed to find anyone else that compares to his work. Thank you John for your outstanding service!

K9QLL Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2016 13:12 Send this review to a friend
excellent service  Time owned: months
I have had john repair several radios.he is fast and his work is superior,totally professional and reasonably priced.
he has a great work ethic and great attention to detail.
If you need a radio repaired right, John is the man!

K2PBS Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2016 19:03 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding professional in all aspects  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had been postponing having my TS570D's attenuator repaired for quite a while. I re-connected with John via E-Mail (he responds within minutes or hours)and arranged for shipping to his QTH. He repaired my 570D within a day, and when I asked him if he has a return date estimate ,his answer "I am already packing it up". His price was lower than I expected, he also adjusted the frequency accuracy for a small additional amount.
Bottom line: Excellent repair work, excellent experience -Strongly recommend his services-K2PBS

K7LES Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2016 17:17 Send this review to a friend
TS-2000 RS232 port Repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Had surge hit my computer, and took out the RS232 port on the TS-2000. heard of John, and got a very quick reply to an email. Sent the rig to him, very fats turn around. Opened it up to do a firmware update, and could only tell anything had been done by a very slight difference in solder shine. very professional Job!!

KM4SEG Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2016 18:54 Send this review to a friend
ICOM Repair  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I came across John the old fashioned way, "word of mouth." Several local hams in my area raved about John's work and their rigs appeared to back it up. When I recently purchased a used IC-746 my receive meter on VHF started giving very low signal reports after a few weeks of use. I called John and he returned my call within an hour and the diagnosing began. He was knowledgeable, courteous and was immediately committed to resolving the receive meter trouble. He also offered to take a look at a used IC-706MKIIG I had also recently picked up. Within a few days I had both rigs back and working as good if not better than they did out of the box for a very reasonable price. He corrected the VHF receive in the 746 by calibrating the receive meter and replacing a pin diode in the VHF receiver switching circuit and turned back the output to place less stress on the finals. The 706 was off frequency by about 1.5 KHz, and we cut back the output to place less stress on the finals. The cutting back of power was my request, ICOM no longer supports the finals for these rigs and I would rather have the rigs another several years than get a few more watts on the meter (personal preference). In addition to this John was a wealth of information about the rigs and many other radio topics. He is the real deal, and I am a lucky amateur radio operator to have him within driving distance. Look no further this is the place to take your equipment!

WY4A Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2016 17:09 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
One of the Best .great rates,detailed bill when he's done excellent !! Great work Pedro wy4a

KM4CRY Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2016 18:55 Send this review to a friend
Simply the best  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
John at LPC Wireless is the only one you need if you want your rig fixed right at a reasonable cost. He found and fixed an intermittent problem with my TS-570D, and also discovered that the battery was about to fail, some wiring needed to be fixed, and it was off frequency. Who knew?
When I got the bill, I was pleasantly surprised at how low it was. Thanks,John! You're the best!