Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | LPC Wireless, KI4NR Help

Reviews Summary for LPC Wireless, KI4NR
LPC Wireless, KI4NR Reviews: 156 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $40/Hr
Description: Repair Service for Yaesu, Kenwood & Icom HF Equipment.

Custom modifications, SSB Hi Fi Audio work, Lightning Damage Repairs.

Very reasonable Rates & Turn Around.

More info: http://www.qsl.net/ki4nr/index.htm

You can write your own review of the LPC Wireless, KI4NR.

KK4IAJ Rating: 5/5 Jul 27, 2013 15:55 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service - Highly Recommended!   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
John LPC Wireless was recommended to me by a friend,I called John and we discussed my problem with my Kenwood TS450S and he said that he should be able to repair the radio so I shipped it to him.
John repaired the radio and Cleaned,Aligned and tested it. the radio looks and performs like a brand new one.I highly recommend John for his repair work,great service and support and very fair prices. Eugene KK4IAJ

AK4AT Rating: 5/5 Jul 18, 2013 21:29 Send this review to a friend
FT-950 Repaired better than new!  Time owned: more than 12 months
After seeing the perfect 5 rating and all positive reviews here, I sent my FT-950 to LPC Wireless for transmitter trouble that turned out to be bad MOSFETS. Turnaround time was quick and the price was much less than I expected. Every aspect was professional... the work, firmware checks, communication, packaging, and discounted return FedEx shipping. The radio returned looking like a new one, even some small dents in the case wee smoothed out! I have used Yaesu's service facility twice in the past, and both times were bad experiences.

K4NIN Rating: 5/5 Jul 14, 2013 14:01 Send this review to a friend
A Lifesaver! Many thanks!  Time owned: months
If it wasn't for LPC Wireless, I would have never found the part for my Yaesu that I needed. These guys went above and beyond, by selling the part itself to me, and I did the work on the unit. A tremendous help. Many thanks!!

KK4JDO Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2013 16:43 Send this review to a friend
Great guy and great service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I took my son's FT-840 to John at LPC Wireless to repair the infamous "blinking screen" issue. Not only did he do the work that was requested, but he also aligned the radio, set the power for best performance, replace a whole pile of caps that were known to go bad, and proactively fixed the other potential causes for the PLL unlocking that may have gone bad in the future. He even replaced the memory battery and S-meter light, and then cleaned the radio so that it looked like new! And he only charged a flat rate of $150 for all of that! When I went to pick it up (I'm conveniently local), he demonstrated the now working radio and explained the repair to me. John is an all around good guy and great at what he does! My 8 y/o son now has a working radio to listen to 40m ragchews, and I have gained a trustworthy person to turn to when I hit a radio that I can't fix myself!

-Richard, KK4JDO

WA4TC Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2013 10:36 Send this review to a friend
10+ workmanship  Time owned: more than 12 months
Icom 765 rebuilt Ps, and rebuilt the transmit switching transistor re-aline Great Job more than reasonable turn around This is the third different rig repaired by John would give him 10+ rating

KU2G Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2013 11:13 Send this review to a friend
Second time a round!  Time owned: more than 12 months
John did a outstanding job Repairing my icon 746 Pro. The radio came back Just like a new radio. John explains everything to you before he Work on your radio and he is very easy to talk too. John save me time and money. This is my second radio he Repaired I am very happy with his work. Thanks for repairing my radio John.

KK4KYJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2013 19:41 Send this review to a friend
Professional, Thorough, Reasonable  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bob fixed the problems with my Yaesu FT-890 that I'd asked him too and also found some other soon to crop up stuff such as re- soldering cracked solder joints on the antenna tuner, replacing a capacitor that sooner or later causes the FT-890 to drift and aligned the rig. It works great now. The little radio had a weird problem: seemed to transmit OK, but the transmitter heat sink ran hot when in receive, the receiver had a lot of noise, and the receiver would shut off after 10 mins. or so. Turned out, some switching diodes were defective, placing the radio in a quasi transmit mode! Bob figured it out, generally refurbished the radio and it was affordable. I highly recommend Bob.

K1TOL Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2013 10:57 Send this review to a friend
OUTSTANDING SERVICE & CRAFTMANSHIP  Time owned: more than 12 months
After my Yaesu FT-920 developed NB "garbage" and the RX sensitivity seemed "reduced", I emailed John to see if he would work on my radio with both INRAD SSB & Roofing Filter mods. installed. Within a week after shipping my radio, the multiple problems had been pinpointed, leads resoldered and rerouted, and the RX and TX sections aligned. The NB now works superbly with no IMD distortion at all.
John was always available by phone to answer questions and discuss possible fixes. He explained his troubleshooting procedures and carefully listed the problems and repair options. The radio now works perfectly and I am delighted to be back "Contesting" and "DXing" again.
John has my backing 100% for any radio that needs repairing to a "better than new" status!

K9QLL Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2012 08:56 Send this review to a friend
Excellent and thorough service  Time owned: more than 12 months
My FT100MP took a lightning hit this summer. John returned it to me with all problems fixed,including some that I was not aware of.I was impressed with his knowledge, professionalism and thoroughness.
The radio now works better than it ever has since I have owned it.
John certainly deserves the highest rating for his work.

WA0ATE Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2012 03:45 Send this review to a friend
Yaesu FT990 Intermittant Keys   Time owned: more than 12 months
Absolutely exceptional and excellent service. John's professionalism and familiarity with the FT-990 and it's intermittant panel key problem was very reassuring. He ended up checking, restoring and undating numerous functions, replaced backup battery, added resister to meter lamp to extend lamp life. corrected numerous solder flaws, etc.. Provided a detailed service invoice. It is now working perfectly... I am absolutely delighted. Follow all his instructions for proper packing and service.