Reviews Categories | Batteries & Chargers for amateur radios. | Radio Shack 23-561 6AH Li-Ion Pack Help

Reviews Summary for Radio Shack 23-561 6AH Li-Ion Pack
Radio Shack 23-561 6AH Li-Ion Pack Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $79.95
Description: Marketed for DVD players, this pack provides3-5X the capacity than our standard HT battery packs.
More info: http://www.radioshack.com

You can write your own review of the Radio Shack 23-561 6AH Li-Ion Pack.

K6LCS Rating: 5/5 Jun 19, 2005 09:52 Send this review to a friend
6AH Portable Power!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Minding my own business last week, browsing the Radio Shack flyer while I should have been working, I came across an ad for a "DVD Battery" to extend the time for watching portable DVD players. Didn't think too much of it, until the same battery was printed a couple pages later...

Lithium-Ion...9V...portable power...

The Radio Shack part number is 23-561. The silver-colored case measures 6 x 3.5 x .75". Four LEDs provide charging status, as well as capacity remaining. What's really kewl is that the coiled cord terminates in the same plug configuration as many of our Yaesu HTs - without using any adapters! (It does come with four additional adapters to accomodate other jacks.)

Just make sure your HT can use 9VDC for its input. The Yaesu FT-60 works on 6-16VDC through its DC jack...this pack works on my VX-6R, too!

I am looking for a suitable The Pouch neoprene case for this pack, and will let you know when I find something.

SO...If you're working an event or camping for a weekend, here's a power source that will last about 3-4X longer than the standard battery packs will last!

Clint Bradford, K6LCS
909-241-7666 (cell, West Coast)