Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | Ilinkboards.com AMI-2 Help

Reviews Summary for Ilinkboards.com AMI-2
Ilinkboards.com AMI-2 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $80 to 100
Description: Multimode Digital Interface: controls PTT, etc. Requires owner to fabricate homebrew connector to radio mic jack. Accepts all digital modes.
More info: http://www.ilinkboards.com/indexami2.html

You can write your own review of the Ilinkboards.com AMI-2.

AI4SU Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2012 08:57 Send this review to a friend
USER FRIENDLY  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Great little box. Everything was plug and play and once connected to PC it performed as it should. As requested, a cable to connect to my remote radio was shipped with the box. So far nothing but good audio reports and the Tech. support was super fast via e-mail.

KC4GNX Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2010 16:15 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Interface  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've been using the AMI-2 interface for about 6 months. It has always worked and very easy to work with. It easily connected to both the FT-2500 and FT-2900. The best feature I think is the built-in DTMF decoder which works far better than EchoLink using software to decode the DTMF with noise in the reception.

WB4GUD Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2008 19:08 Send this review to a friend
Great box  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Truly plug and play. I bought it ready-made, had my cables ready and it was on the air within minutes. It would have helped to have been able to download the documentation. Great service-I ordered it Tuesday afternoon and it was here in rural western NC Friday afternoon. Audio reports have been great.

K1TJ Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2007 08:21 Send this review to a friend
Great Board, Easy Setup  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great board and very easy to setup with no probems! My computer has no serial port so had to get usb adapter which plugged right in to the AMI-2. Cabling to radio was easily obtained at Radio Shack and support is great! Haven't had online for long but so far so good.

KI4HIR Rating: 5/5 Jun 20, 2005 18:03 Send this review to a friend
Fan-friggin-tastic item  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This item is pretty complicated. Lots of ports and options and I had to fabricate my own cable for PTT/MIC TX hook-up to the RIG. The really incredible thing about this peice of equipment is the support. I wasn't able to get Digipan 2.0 to work with the equipment. I emailed WB2REM and the next morning, first thing he had replied. I called him at the numebr he gave and I was ON THE AIR IN MINUTES. This kind of customer care is an antiquity these days, it seems, but it separates the WB2REM products from the others.

Good equipment, but the only reason I initiated this review and wrote this peice was 100% because of the customer suppor that Jim gave me. He encapsulates the spirit of the Ham Radio hobby.

By the way, My callsign is now W4TJW, but eHAM won't let me change it.

73's