Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Directional: Yagi, quad, rotary dipole, LPD, etc | Mosley TA-33M Help

Reviews Summary for Mosley TA-33M
Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $300.00
Description: The TA series, still the most copied, broadband, multi-band
beams made! Rugged construction and designed for the
amateur with a limited space and a tight budget.
More info: http://www.mosley-electronics.com/amateur.htm

You can write your own review of the Mosley TA-33M.

W5QC Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2011 14:45 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Great antenna, I have had this antenna up for 19 years through bad winters and cold hot and wet, no maint has been done on it. I have rg-58 coax on it, contacts everywhere with good signal reports to this day. I am fixing to replace the coaz with good low loss cable and do a good clean up on it. Well worth what I paid for it, I bought this used in 1991.

KD1RV Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2011 18:57 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Performer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this antenna up on a 28ft tower at 30ft for over a year. The antenna went together easily as well as up on the tower. The SWR on 20m phone is from 1.3:1 to 1.7:1 at the high end. This can be expected at this low height with some trees close by in the front yard,yet I'm still amazed at its performance. The SWR's on 15M and 10M are well witin spec. also. I will be putting it up another 10ft. next year and I will write another review on the TA33M

Performance wise? Here's a sampling of some DX I have worked with this tribander with 100watts and 1KW. Z3,VU,HS,VK,ZL,OD,JA,VP8,P2,Yb,HZ,9K,YI,9M6,FO,V5,BD,TJ,RA,ZA,HV,ZD8,ZD9,5R,and most recently VK9, and ST0.

The TA33M stood up to the most bruttle winter we've had in along time here in NewEngland,and also from severe storms this summer producing winds up to 75mph gusts. After those storms passed I was amazed to see the TA33 with no harm done.

Will I buy another Mosley again? You bet I would.

KD1RV

WN9D Rating: 5/5 Nov 15, 2008 09:46 Send this review to a friend
Solid Performer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned this antenna since late 1994. It naturally performed great on a 55 foot tower at my previous QTH. After over 10 years of storage here at the present QTH, I mounted it on the garage at less than 20 feet above ground, due to physical limitations (long story).
It performs suprisingly well at this low height, and I get good reports while operating barefoot. Most of the time I don't need the amp, but when I do the amp loads up quite nicely.
The Mosley is a good, solid, and simple design that performs well. Spare parts are readily available.

'73, Randall WN9D

G4VVQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2007 00:04 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi Fred in England, very pleased with performance of the Antenna, have had some problems, vswr poor and not being able to get 100 watts from the radio up the antenna, decided the best way to nail it down was to take the phasing rods off and feed the two elements seperatly, as the antenna is sold without the warc dipole i thought it would be ok, after doing that the antenna worked perfectly, although i think using phasing rods works ok, but it's just a problem telling which driven element is causing the trouble, i used the 1-1 balun i was already using to feed the 12-17 dipole and connected coax feeder to 10-15-20 section and wound a choke, 5 turns 6 inches inside diameter...all works ok now,i suspected i had a trap down, due to lightning, but their all ok, believe the original problem was corroion at the inner ends of the driven element, as the plastic seals had come out and got lost, the performance on tx and rx is good, vswr now is flat right across the board, 100 watts out on all bands now, and more with the linear, best wishes, good dx, Fred g4vvq.

K2VI Rating: 5/5 Oct 20, 2006 18:08 Send this review to a friend
never need the amp  Time owned: more than 12 months
What can you say about this great design,last 25+ years and super gain and rejection.I have a ham buddy about 4 miles south of my qth with a force 12 c3 18' boom model.my little ta-33 original renders the same signal report most of the time,the other times my mosley is an s unit stronger.By the way his beam is 8' higher on his tower.Another point is his front to back rejection is almost non existent compared to the ta-33.he hear stations in the opposite direction about 2 sunits stronger but i hear the ststion we are beaming at the same or 1 s-unit stronger.I owned a cushcraft a-3s and it worked fine although the swr was high on 20 and 15.over 2:1 it preformed fairly well.If i ever have to purchase another hf yagi i will try the ta-33 classic.slightly more gain and rejection.regardless of what they say about mosley i belive it is sour grapes.If you want a real preformer and an antenna that will outlast you get a ta-33.