Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Bose TriPort Headphones Help

Reviews Summary for Bose TriPort Headphones
Bose TriPort Headphones Reviews: 9 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $149.95
Description: Lightweight design with broad sound range
More info: http://www.bose.com

You can write your own review of the Bose TriPort Headphones.

W9AC Rating: 4/5 Nov 17, 2007 09:56 Send this review to a friend
Good sound quality  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've been using a pair of Sony MDR-7506 headphones for the last decade and aside from the fact that the silk ear pad covering separates, they have been an excellent value.

I tried a pair of the Bose TriPort headphones at a local electronics store and I really liked the comfort and sound quality -- even more than the MDR-7506.

What I do not like is the straight, uncoiled cord. With a cord entering the left ear piece, one never needs to look at headset to determine correct L/R ear placement. But with the Bose, you need to squint at the tiny label every time you take the set on & off. Not a huge problem, but the addition of a coiled cord, left ear piece entry, and a straight 1/4" stereo connector would make a world of difference.

W2DIP Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2007 12:03 Send this review to a friend
Good Sound & Light wieght  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Let me start off by saying I have about 5 headphone/headsets because I rarely use speakers to keep the peace at home.

Some sound great but are too heavy or hurt my head or do not block outside noises, etc. I finally decided to find a set of headphones that sound great and are a pleasure to wear. I tested the Bose along with a few other popular studio headphones and was impressed with the sound quality of the Bose and the light weight which is important when you wear headphones for a few hours at a time.

Also, lets face it, audio from our rigs is far from HiFi so you just need to reproduce the speach range acurately. I have used these headphones for several weeks now and have no complaints. They sound good and I can keep them on for prolonged periods of time without feeling like I have a heavy weight on my head. They do a good job of blocking out noise around the shack and allow me to hear those weak DX stations that I like to chase.

OK, the price may be a little high which is typical of Bose equipment. After all they have to pay for all that marketing that they do but the product sounds good and fits my needs. I can see where you might have breakage problems given that these are light weight headphones but I have never broken any headphones in my 40+ years of using them and that included some real cheapo ones. One can make a point about being able to take abuse and I would not argue if I were using them in a professional capacity but for my ham radio use I can take the extra few seconds to make sure I take them off and put them on correctly so that I am not exerting too much pressure on the plastic parts.

K3GM Rating: 5/5 Jul 19, 2006 11:40 Send this review to a friend
They'll fix or replace 'em  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used the TriPorts before switching to the QC's and like others I snapped the arm on one side. Bose will fix or most likely, replace the headset free of charge. All you have to do is take them to any Bose store or mail them back and they'll take care of it. No time limit. The plastic piece that breaks has been replaced with a glass filled piece that's much stronger than the original.

AA2LD Rating: 3/5 Jul 16, 2006 10:59 Send this review to a friend
problem with plastic  Time owned: more than 12 months
I agree with the previous reviewer. I owned this headset for over year, using very lightly, then SNAP the right ear speaker broke right off the arm. I have noticed with Bose products that the plastic parts are a problem and are of poor quality. With my quiet comfort 2 headphones, the battery door (plastic of course) doesn't close completely.

I would not replace these headphones with the same. I agree that there are other better made products. Try Grado.

NB2N Rating: 4/5 Jul 16, 2006 09:52 Send this review to a friend
Light but fragile  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The sound is fine, and the headphones are light and easy to wear for long periods. They very effectively shut out room noise. The constructon is a bit shoddy, however. The left piece is periodically slipping off the headband - after less than one year of use.

KC4CP Rating: 3/5 Jun 26, 2006 13:51 Send this review to a friend
JUST OKAY  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I got these headphones about 6 months ago. I was really excited ... I was getting "BOSE" headphones. Well, they are really nothing special. Yes, they are light weight and comfortable (they get a 5 in these areas). But the audio quality is no better than my cheap set from Radio Shack. If you are looking for great audio quality, look elsewhere. For the money, you can do much better.

K7ABV Rating: 5/5 Feb 20, 2006 19:26 Send this review to a friend
very nice and light  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Having tried the big brother to these phones the Comfort 2, I wanted to see how these held up during a contest period, and this last ARRL CW test was a good place...Very comfy and wow talk about light just in at 5 ounces that's light...with the FT-1000D no problem, no hiss or background noise...I probably had them on for up to 2 hours at a crack, not long, but no ear problems while wearing for long periods of time, now 4 or 5 hours that might be different, but these phones are very easy and comfy on the ears. I wear glasses also so that is to be considered and no problem...the cord comes from each ear piece, but that is not a pain while wearing them, you really don't notice that...I liked the comfort 2 phones, but didn't like switching them on and off, and my noise in the radio room isn't that bad most of the time...you might consider these I like them and will keep them...

K5VNV Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2005 05:48 Send this review to a friend
Excellent sound quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is the best set of headphones I have ever used. Best sound bar none. Extremely light weight. You may think they are a bit pricey but they are worth every penny. The response to the sound of a voice or CW is fantastic. I even use them with the CD/MP3 player that I bought with them.

Bill

N0AH Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2005 19:13 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Alternative v.s. Heavy Weights  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Bose Triport is a wonderful headset for all modes. I have not yet had any RFI and the clarity of my audio is beyond expectations.

These headphones are very high tech and light weight as are most Bose products. Very much a feather weight on my head compared to the past headphones with the boom mics I have used in the past.

I have hearing problems so having a headset that can deliver performance at higher and lower frequencies is important. I don't think you can find a better headset within a reasonable price.

As for not having a boom mic.......that's why God gave us desk microphones and taught us CW. If this does not fit your lifestyle, there are a lot of boom mic headsets out there. I guess I'm tired of wearing a one lb brick on my head, hi-

This headset comes with a 1/4 adapter and when your not on the air, it can be used on TV's, stereo's, laptops, computers, etc....I like the versitlity which helps make up for the cost.

I got mine at Target but I'm sure you can find them at many locations. This is a very nice piece of equipment and trust me, it is not some Walkman headset. Before you buy any headset, please look this one over. You'll save a lot of money in the long run-