Reviews Categories | Receivers: Weather Alert | Midland WR-100 S.A.M.E. Weather Radio Help

Reviews Summary for Midland WR-100 S.A.M.E. Weather Radio
Midland WR-100 S.A.M.E. Weather Radio Reviews: 34 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $49.95
Description: Weather/All Hazards alert radio; S.A.M.E. Localized reception; all 7 N.O.A.A. Channels; Digital front panel display; 25 Programmable Counties; User selectable warning system; Choice of Voice, Siren, or Tone Alert; Time, Date & Alarm Clock with full display; Emergency power back-up -- uses 3 AA Batteries(not included); Wall Adapter Included
More info: http://www.midlandradio.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=3105

You can write your own review of the Midland WR-100 S.A.M.E. Weather Radio.

AI4WC Rating: 5/5 Oct 29, 2008 07:13 Send this review to a friend
Great weather radio!  Time owned: more than 12 months
If you set this radio up like the manual says, it works very well. This radio is a great value for a modest price. Buy it, set it up and forget it. It will do the job!

ARRLBOOSTER Rating: 5/5 Sep 11, 2008 06:31 Send this review to a friend
Even Wakes Me Up!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned a weather alert radio since the first came out. This is the best one yet, and the most user friendly. I was also puzzled by the WED test no audio, until I read that portion of the instructions. Living in the heartland (Missouri), it has proven it's worth many a time. I keep mine in the nightstand, along with a flashlight and generator radio. Here in KC, the local Wally World and Price Chopper store sell them at a discounted $29.99:a bargain for early warning.

N1IER Rating: 5/5 Sep 11, 2008 05:20 Send this review to a friend
Works Great!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Wow, reading some of these reviews surprised me. I have had one for about six months now and it works great and yes S.A.M.E. works for me. Also it does not alarm on the Wednesday test but if you read the manual it indicated that it will display the test, which it does, without the alarm sounding. This is why I bought the unit, I was tired of my old unit screeching at me every Wednesday when the test went off. I really like this unit and would buy another one in a heartbeat.

WY3X Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2008 14:27 Send this review to a friend
No opinion yet, but FYI...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
So far, I'm happy with it. It seems to receive OK. There have been no severe weather alerts yet for me to test it with, so I have no reason (yet) to give it less than a 5 rating.

I, too, wondered what the PC port is for because it is not documented in the owners manual. So I contacted Midland, and this is the reply I received.

Thank you for contacting us. The PC jack is used for cloning like radios with like information, which is usually done in large quantities. The port is made for consumers to clone radios. It's not made for consumers to use the radios with a
computer.

Veronica Contreras
Consumer Customer Service
Midland Radio Corporation
5900 Parretta Drive
Kansas City. Mo. 64120

K5VY Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2008 06:46 Send this review to a friend
Does the job very well  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had mine for almost three years. It does what it is supposed to do. Codes and alarms work fine.

WN4DW Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2008 20:35 Send this review to a friend
works for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this thing for a couple of years and it works fine. Does exactly what it is supposed to do. Power on or power off, it just does it's thing.

N0FPE Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2008 15:21 Send this review to a friend
works fine  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The 2 I bought work just fine. They decode the SAME codes fine even on a slightly noisey signal. THEY WORK FOR ME.

K4MC Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2008 13:52 Send this review to a friend
Works GREAT  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have bought three of these for myselk and family. Once the frequency for your county coverage is entered, and then the proper code, they work. If you're having trouble with one, a step by step through the instructions might help.

Wendell
K4MC

N4RT Rating: 1/5 Jul 28, 2008 13:40 Send this review to a friend
Piece of Junk  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought one of these at Walmart. Good sensitive receiver and good audio but the alert function DOES NOT WORK!! The SAME capability is the primary reason I purchased this radio. I see others have had the same problem. Save your receipts and be prepared to take it back if you experience the same problem with the alerts.

N5CSU Rating: 1/5 Mar 5, 2008 20:36 Send this review to a friend
Disappointed  Time owned: more than 12 months
Purchased several of these on sale for friends and family and have been disappointed with the SAME decoding. Even with a full quieting signal, the alert tone often does not go off; it is not reliable on any of the 3 units I bought!