Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | N0XAS ID-O-Matic Help

Reviews Summary for N0XAS ID-O-Matic
N0XAS ID-O-Matic Reviews: 8 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $USD$20
Description: The ID-O-Matic is a single chip ID timer/annunciator intended for Amateur Radio and other applications.
Several modes of operation make it suitable for use in the shack or as an automatic Morse code ID for
beacons, repeaters and “fox hunt” transmitters.
More info: http://www.hamgadgets.com

You can write your own review of the N0XAS ID-O-Matic.

W9WZJ Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2013 09:40 Send this review to a friend
Great product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned my ID-O-Matic for about a year. Runs my 144 mhz beacon and I am very pleased. Best $25.00 I ever spent.
Took me a few extra minutes to get it programed because my computer didn't have the right port open, but after that, was simple to get it going and programed the way I wanted.
I have used it to key my FT-101, TR-9000, and now my TR-751A.
If you are considering running a beacon, this should be your first purchase.

K4NBC Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2012 18:28 Send this review to a friend
Awsome  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
like wwe's the miz says "awesome" this kit works super great and if you have a homebrew repeater it works even better. I heard that a repeater controller is on the works and that should be great. right now on youtube I made a video of the id-o-matic with my homebrew repeater search under my callsign.

N0ALE Rating: 5/5 Aug 10, 2009 01:26 Send this review to a friend
Great Product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The ID-O-MATIC is a wonderful kit, and easy to build. Dale Botkin provides excellent support and goes above and beyond to make sure his customers are satisfied.

I own two kits and I am very happy with both!

NB7I Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2008 19:54 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have one on a 2 meter beacon sitting in the middle of nowhere with no heat. Worked for a year and a half and still going.
Easy to build, Dale easy to work with.

AB4D Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2008 17:27 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Device  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the ID-O-Matic kit directly from Dale Botkin, N0XAS, to use as a simple basic audible/visual 10 minute ID reminder at my station. The kit componets are top quality, the provided board is also top notch, and the instructions are very clear and concise. At first, I was reluctant to purchase the kit because it required you to manually reset the timer for each 10 minute period. However, an email to Dale resulted in him updating the firmware to version 2.9 which included my requested feature (automatic reset) into the new version. The device will now automatically reset itself after giving the 10 minute reminder when in "reminder mode" (WAY TO GO DALE!). As a special note, before I could assemble the kit, I was notified by Dale that Murphy had reared his ugly head, and some kits were released with the wrong frequency crystal. However, Dale promptly sent out the right part. A++++ for customer service. The kit functioning is outstanding for my simplistic purpose, but I have only touched on the most simplest function of this powerful device as it also has many features such as serving as a repeater beacon with 64 character messaging, CW ID'er, PTT and CW outputs with delay to drive a MOSFET for direct keying of a transmitter, direct programming via PC/RS232 port, and many more. If anyone is looking for a device such as this, I believe that you can't go wrong with this device or any of the other kits offered by N0XAS.

73, Jim

WB4GUD Rating: 5/5 Jun 11, 2007 08:47 Send this review to a friend
Great and cheap too.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I just finished my second Id-o-matic and each version just gets better. Easy to build, easy to program, great customer service, what more could you ask for. Dale is quick to respond to emails and knows his products and how they can be used.

AB0TX Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2007 10:02 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Kit!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Easy kit to build. Had it together in about 2 hours and I wasn't really hurrying. Easy beacon IDer or repeater IDer. Just as easy to program with DB9 cable and terminal program that comes on most IBM compatible computers. Hard to put the same kit together as cheap!

VK4APN Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2005 00:34 Send this review to a friend
multifaceted Repeater/Fox/ID/CW keyboard controller  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Excellent kit, well thought out, sensational service from supplier. A unique programable controller for a multiplicity of applications
Paul, vk4apn