Reviews Categories | Ham Repeater Controllers | NHRC-5 Help

Reviews Summary for NHRC-5
NHRC-5 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.3/5 MSRP: $$250
Description: An extremely versatile controller that was easy to set up for my first repeater build.
Many options with two links and voice messages, or use it as a stand alone.
Jumper selectable (de)emphasis, inputs and outputs for various sensing and control.

Recommended!
More info: http://nhrc.net

You can write your own review of the NHRC-5.

K1SI Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2013 07:01 Send this review to a friend
Great products, great support, great value!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I recently purchased two of these controllers and used them to link two repeaters. The setup & programming was quite easy. I did have a few questions about how best to interface to an old GE MASTR-II and Peter @ NHRC answered them quickly. The on-board de-emphasis works great, providing excellent audio quality. I also used a few of the DAD's & man that thing is slick! No more squelch crashes. The DAD works so well, I had to turn courtesy tones on so we would know when a user un-keyed. Great products, great support, great value.

K4MFD Rating: 0/5 Jul 21, 2013 15:05 Send this review to a friend
Save your self the trouble and stay far away from the NHRC.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had ham repeaters for years and all ways used CAT controllers with great success. I had a friend talk me in to going with two new NHRC-5 controllers for a linked repeater system. NEVER AGAIN I should have know I was in trouble when NHRC the factory sent both of these controllers to a wrong address but I finaly got them. The controller on the 2 meter repeater sends it's ID voice or CW both out over the link port when the transmitter is keyed on the 2 meter repeater. The voice ID on the other controller on a 440 repeater has stoped all toghter. One day when I get the free time both these controllers are coming out and CAT-250 controllers that really work are going back in there place. Save your self the trouble and stay far away from the NHRC controllers.

KB9SGN Rating: 5/5 Jul 19, 2005 16:22 Send this review to a friend
Very postive  Time owned: more than 12 months
We have currently have 5, NHRC-5 and two NHRC-10 controllers in our linked wide area system at this time.
See your web site www.w9win.org. And have had NO problem's with the controllers. We bought our frist NHRC contoller around 1998.

All the controllers are wired to GE Mastr II repeaters, Kenwood and Motorola linking radios.
Would highly recommend, good company track record and easy to deal with.