Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Radiowavz 20 METER DOUBLE BAZOOKA DIPOLE Help

Reviews Summary for Radiowavz 20 METER DOUBLE BAZOOKA DIPOLE
Radiowavz 20 METER DOUBLE BAZOOKA DIPOLE Reviews: 8 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $35
Description: Radiowavz 20 METER DOUBLE BAZOOKA DIPOLE
More info: http://www.radiowavz.com

You can write your own review of the Radiowavz 20 METER DOUBLE BAZOOKA DIPOLE.

KC7MF Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2016 18:03 Send this review to a friend
Really Nice Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this antenna for over a year and enjoy it very much. I am a net controller for the PACSEA General Traffic Net and use this antenna in preference to my beam and vertical. This antenna has become a bit of a legend on the net scoring tons of contacts.

The conventional wisdom is that a net control station ought to use a beam in order to isolate contacts and pull in the weak ones. The problem with this is that when you point at one you point away from all of the others. An omnidirectional antenna allows you to put your arms around more contacts. Relay stations allow you to go after the weak ones. I am sure there are many who disagree. At 700-800 watts I can fill my dance card when conditions permit and often can hear stations that others do not.

This antenna is quiet. It is considerably better than my R5 on 20 meters. It is durable to say the least. One gripe. Would it have killed them to put something on it from which to hang it?

So the deal is that I really like this antenna and highly recommend it to my friends.

XE1GR Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2011 19:47 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
6 months ago I have installed 3 heavy duty High power 5 KW PRO Line Radiowavz double bazooka antennas made with RG-11 coax.
These antennas are 17 Meters, 20 Meters and 40 Meters bands connected trough an RCS-4 Ameritron remote coax switch.
These antennas are installed on board my Maritime mobile station at 213 ft. above sea level. As you may know they deal with high winds up to 70 mph relative winds, salt and a lot of humidity. The antennas works really well on the 3 bands, way better than the Alpha Delta DX-CC that I had before.
On all bands the double bazookas are quieter than the DX-CC with very low noise now my IC-7700 can pick up stations that I was unable to hear with the previous antennas.
Also Iím always getting very good signals reports, in a matter of fact few days ago in our way from Port Everglades, FL to Nassau, Bahamas,I got 59+60 db!! reports from Florida stations like AD4C and 59+40 db from stations in Europe I need to say that Iím using an Alpha 87A Amp. which my 3 Radiowavz antennas can handle very easily as they are rated for 5KW.
I also have to mention that the service from RadioWavz was more than excellent! They did everything to ensure that I will receive the antennas in time before our departure from Port Everglades, FL.
In conclusion if these antennas can handle the extreme weather from the high seas, I believe they can easily handle the weather conditions at your base station plus they are great performers, just try them and you will hear the difference!
I recommend these antennas 100%.
Juan-Pablo, XE1EMX / MM

KB3MUB Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2011 16:53 Send this review to a friend
great antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
well i put this antenna inside my apartment and it did a great job signal report s9+ now its at 35 feet of the ground and have even better sig reports receive great i love it i will buy it again if i have too 73s.

N1TCH Rating: 0/5 Oct 30, 2010 11:55 Send this review to a friend
No QC - Build a dipole  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Long story - bought this miracle antenna at HRO and put it up and didn't hear a thing. I thought that it was because it was below the minimum height, so I took it down for a later day.
Flash forward 6 months. New place to hang it from, over the minimum in directions. Put it up, but now I have an antenna analyzer. I discovered that the antenna has no resonant frequency, the resistance just varies from near zero to max and the SWR stays at max. Tried tuning the rig, TS-520Se, and nothing. Scanned 20M and deaf as a post.
So, down again after checking all of the connections - i.e. raise it up, lower it down, with no change in the SWR. Down for good now.
My takeaway from this, make your own dipole and QC is important.

N0ZC Rating: 5/5 May 17, 2009 06:32 Send this review to a friend
Works as advertised!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I love this antenna!

It was easy to put up. Directions and advise for how to place it were excellent. I'm glad I followed their advise.

It is very low noise (much lower than with my Butternut vertical). I'm getting < 2:1 SWR over the ENTIRE 20M band. Very nice. I run about 600W on SSB and I don't have to bother with a tuner.

I mostly run the digital modes (PSK31, Olivia, RTTY, JT65A, etc.) around 14.070-14.090 with about 25 watts. I generally get very complimentary signal reports.

Plus, I got to actually meet the family that makes these antennas at the Hamvention in Dayton. Nice people.

N6NKN Rating: 5/5 Nov 5, 2007 15:33 Send this review to a friend
Handles The Power Fine  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my third double bazooka from Radiowavz. Today I added a twenty meter version to my collection. It works just as well as its bigger brothers for 75 and 40 meters, and tunes easily with the internal tuner on my 756 Pro III.

But I didn't buy it to run "barefoot". Just like the other Radiowavz antennas I have, it handles all the power my Clipperton-L can deliver, but I'll keep it at 500 PEP for now.

Installed it as an inverted-V at 40 feet in about 30 minutes, and was talking to the east coast from here in California an less then 45.

The folks ar Radiowavz make a good product for reasonable price. I recommend them.

Rick N6NKN

WB0REW Rating: 4/5 Jul 25, 2006 09:29 Send this review to a friend
Works well!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Emmett makes a good antenna and is willing to make almost anything you could ask for. I purchased the 10 meter and 20 meter antenna.

I am XYL challenged as well as neighborhood challenged, but I have had pretty good results. The 20 meter is located in the rafters of my garage about 15 ft. up. I have made excellent contacts coast to coast and from St. Louis, Missouri (central US) to Miami, Florida.

My only complaint is that there is no hook to hang the thing; but that isn't too bad. Mine has an SWR of 2.5 to 1 in a closed garage. I use an LDG tuner and it works fine. If I had a tree in the yard, I am sure it would work even better.

Bob

W4KTX Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2005 07:10 Send this review to a friend
Very Pleased!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I thought I would write this now based on trying a lot of antennas. I bought one of these over a year ago. I live in an antenna restricted neighborhood, so I used antennas I can hide in the tree in my backyard.

I put this antenna up and really enjoyed it. The bandscope on my IC-7800 shows really strong signals on 20m. I thought I could do better so I took down the Bazooka and over the past year I have tried a homebrew windom and a Carolina windom. I tried a vertical as well. I just was not making the contacts like I was before. I thought it might be bacuse we are approaching the end of the 11 year sunspot cycle.

The other day, I thought, "what the Heck" and I took down my windoms and put the bazooka back up. Wow, strong signals again, and making lots of contacts.

If you have limited space you should give one of these a try. Radiawavz sells them on eBay as well generally cheaper than on his website. I got mine for $20. Can't beat that. Just do a search for "double bazooka" on ebay