Reviews Categories | Receivers: General Coverage | Grundig Satellit 650 Help

Reviews Summary for Grundig Satellit 650
Grundig Satellit 650 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: (missing—add Description)
More info: http://classic-worldband.com/pages/1990/1990.htm

You can write your own review of the Grundig Satellit 650.

BARRYED Rating: 4/5 Feb 24, 2010 18:36 Send this review to a friend
Good Radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
Good radio but not as good as my newer Grundig Satellit 800. The 800 is easier to operate and has better sensitivity and selectivity.

KB6HRT Rating: 5/5 Dec 12, 2009 14:20 Send this review to a friend
The BEST!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I LOVE my Grundig 650 an will never sell it even if it stopped working, the guy before me said it so much better than I could about the 650. I have been in radio almost all my life and this radio has touched my heart with its sound, to me its one in a million. I brought mine off of ebay about 4 years ago, and after about 9 months it stopped working, I found a man back east that was a collector and did repairs on that model, so I sent it to him to repair it after about 6 weeks I called him to see if he had repaired it , he told me he had but he had been listening to it for about a month and he thought the sound was so good that he was having a hard time putting it back in the box to send it back, so I told him keep it another month then send it back to me an he did, now thats a radio!. It pulls in my favorite FM station 93 miles like your in the studio, now that a RADIO!.....................KB6HRT

WDM11A Rating: 5/5 Feb 1, 2005 14:32 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am group owner of GrundigTransistorRadio on topica.com. This is a group of VERY active radio and SW radio "nuts". We especially love Grundig Satellits and other
better" portable SW radios. My 30+ members own over 400 Grundig Satellits (and over 4,000 radios in total). Each year we conduct a poll of our members to rate their FAVORITE portable WORLDBAND radios (their TOP 10) and each year the GRUNDIG SATELLIT 650 (600) comes out on top as the NUMBER ONE radio. It's my personal opinion, that the Grundig Satellit 650 doesn't get the attention it deserves elsewhere. It's a great radio, albeit a monster, but a beautiful one. The audio (from its 15W amplifer) is second to none when it comes to portable worldband radios. It's beautiful to look at and easy to operate. It has a "pre-selector" that can be run in automatic mode (I don't think ANY other portable does that/no less most don't even have pre-selectors). It's a good performer on AM, FM and SW. It's predecessor (the Satellit 600 / which is little known) is actually slightly superior. This radio is designed for the listener who likes to listen for long periods. The audio is sooo good and sooo pleasant, you can actually listen to this radio (even on SW) for hours without "earstrain". Quality or materials and workmanship is excellent...this is German engineering at it's best!!! In our group, we call the Grundig Satellit 650(600) the "KING" of the Grundig Satellit series of portable worldband receivers and I wholeheartedly concur. Mike P (satellit600)

CLASSIC Rating: 4/5 Sep 28, 2003 11:19 Send this review to a friend
Impressive sound and looks!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Probably the best sounding semi-portable ever; a beefy amplifier with 2-way (pressure-chambered) speakers. Big and beautiful ,hefty and sharp looking (a role-model for the new Sino-US Satellit 800). The motorized pre-selector together with the many (quite cumbersome at that) controls takes some getting used to. The tuning controls are placed in an awkward /tireing position. FM-performance is excellent ,so is MW due to the massive ferrite-bar (though a lot of radio to "turn" for an optimal position) Shortwave performace is very decent ,especially since fine-tuning of the pre-selector is possible. The firmware / software leaves some to be desired in this first-generation PLL / LCD display receiver ,as there are to few memory positions - and selecting and storing of stations are a trying process... All in all , an important entry to radio design and engineering!

WB9YCJ Rating: 4/5 Jan 21, 2003 18:24 Send this review to a friend
Impressive  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Impressive, beautiful full audio from the 15 amplifier. Very sensitive am and fm sections.
Great MW dx machine! FM section picks up stations over 100 miles away. SSB, CW sound natural and clear. Only draw back is constantly having to use the clarify control AND tuning control to bring in ssb or cw.