Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Te Ne Ke (iambic paddle) Help

Reviews Summary for Te Ne Ke (iambic paddle)
Te Ne Ke (iambic paddle) Reviews: 9 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $40.00
Description: Unique iambic paddle for mobile and fixed operation

You can write your own review of the Te Ne Ke (iambic paddle).

N1FJ Rating: 3/5 Oct 13, 2013 00:59 Send this review to a friend
Okay, but not perfect  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
How well does it live up to the hype? Id give it a 4 out of 5, since it works and is inexpensive. It costs less than most other paddles, running $45 delivered, and it was shipped very promptly. I ordered it without the optional base since I mounted it on my SOTA clipboard. Workmanship was fair. I felt the beryllium copper springs are vulnerable to damage, so care is needed when packing for an expedition, such as SOTA. I also thought it was heavier than necessary. Adjustment was a little tricky, but once I got it right it stayed that way. The standard audio cable is a definite plus. (Palm Paddle, Bencher, etc. take note!)
Frandy, N1FJ

K5TTE Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2013 18:11 Send this review to a friend
Getting used to it  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm slowly becoming a fan. As others have said, it takes careful adjustment of the paddle spacing to really satisfy.
In my "to-go" emergency pack it now compares favorably
with my Palm Paddle, which I also really like.
The Te-Ne-Ke is featherweight and takes no more space than the Palm Paddle.
I congratulate the Michigan inventor and ham club that
promotes this device. It's simple and sturdy.

AB1LT Rating: 5/5 Oct 26, 2012 20:04 Send this review to a friend
Great travel key. Great Price.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just like the other reviewers have said, it took a little fussing to get it set to my liking, but once set it stays set, and I love it. I have it set so light it's almost like a touch key. The base is big and heavy enough to use on the table without having to hold the base still. It even comes with life time free repair ($6 shipping).

I was considering the Porta-Paddle from AmericanMorse, but this was half the price.

K8MAZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2012 09:53 Send this review to a friend
An excellent key for shack or portable use  Time owned: more than 12 months
About two years ago, I gave up my lightning bug and began using a paddle. I also got a cell phone. So now I think I am finally up to speed.

Where does the Te Ne Ke fit in? It couln't as long as I had a "bug" fist. A review of this key two or more years ago would not have been good, and it would have been outright unfair.

Not long ago I bought a Schuenemann single lever, but also needed someng light for portable QRP. So I pulled out my unused Te Ne Ke, plugged it in, did a "quick brown fox" and immediately wished I had done so sooner. This key is smooth, accurate and well built. And considering what you get, the price tag is unreal.

WB8ICU Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2012 15:51 Send this review to a friend
good, small, portable  Time owned: more than 12 months
I really like this key. First saw it at a swap in detroit, went to internet the next day and got one. Like another reviewer, I now have my bencher paddle as a back up. For such a simple adjustment, a screw and cotter key basically, it works very well. A little hard to adjust first time, but seems to keep the adjustment mcuh better than it looks like it would.

XE1UFO Rating: 4/5 Aug 6, 2009 09:05 Send this review to a friend
GOOD IDEA  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used knee-mount mobile version for a while and it works very well. It is a little dificult to adjust to a personal feel. The price is great.

W6EOD Rating: 4/5 Aug 27, 2008 18:48 Send this review to a friend
I like it  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am no telegraph key or iambic paddle aficionado, but I really like this key.

It is small but not too small. It is lightweight but not too lightweight. The cord is the right length. I like how the buisness end of the paddle swings out for use and back for storage.

The dit and dah have a very light but sweet touch about them although it can be adjusted if rough and tough is your style.

I like this key so much that my Bencher has been sent to the backup squad. The TE NE KE is my primary. As of now it also has a place in my go kit along with my 817 and various peripheral accessories. We'll see as to the durability. This key will make a couple of tours overseas with me. Will update further on request.

Rated a 4/5 because it has not withstood the test of time as of yet. GIVE IT A TRY, you might just like it!

K3ESE Rating: 5/5 May 27, 2003 13:54 Send this review to a friend
Great mobile key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A friend brought me over to the display for these things at Dayton, saying, "just try it out." I did, and bought one, the fifth in a row that day who'd been led down the same garden path. Not really an impulse buyer, these paddles were different from anything I'd ever seen, and, though they looked weird, they worked very well.

The curled sidepieces compress, and move slightly forward with keying pressure, and the contacts they meet are adjustable for a surprisingly close tolerance, requiring little pressure to operate. Once adjusted, they stay put. the body of the key is aluminum, and very light. The available leg strap is secure, easy to adjust and comfortable. The key on my thigh is a natural place to rest my arm and hand as I send code. I sent effortlessly, while driving down the highways, and received several queries as to how I managed to send good code while driving.

The key also comes with a heavy little base, sufficient to turn it into a base key, should you like to do that.

N8YQD Rating: 5/5 Feb 17, 2000 12:32 Send this review to a friend
Nice small iambic key priced at only $ 36.00.  Time owned: unknown months
This key is sold by the North Ottawa Amatuer Radio Club. The keys inventor, Boyd Mason (NE8KE), has turned over the rights to make and sell the key to the club. One nice benefit if the club will guarantee the key for the buyers lifetime. The key was originally designed for use on HF CW mobile. The paddle contacts are formed from beryllium copper springs stock which
provide touch style keying. It only takes a small amount of pressure to activate the contacts.
More information on the key is found at the club web site: www.qsl.net/noarc. This is really a nice little key. I have used one for years and I know other hams that use the key and are well satisfied.