Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | ICOM UK Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM UK
ICOM UK Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $N/A
Description: ICOM REPAIR
More info: http://www.icomuk.co.uk

You can write your own review of the ICOM UK.

G0HVQ Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2016 00:51 Send this review to a friend
Quick turnaround, good service  Time owned: more than 12 months
IC7400 failed with the infamous low TX power, Radio sent by courier Monday and arrived back her on Fri, guess they had the parts in stock. Spoke to the engineer on the phone and he had a good idea what it was and quoted a rough price. Wasn't as expensive as I'd imagined, very happy with the service.

HG5AZR Rating: 0/5 Dec 8, 2014 08:15 Send this review to a friend
awful support  Time owned: more than 12 months

I ordered two part from icom uk(L11 coil,mike connector).
Icom uk told me that booth is on stock.
I removed component L11 from my old IC-271H.
I got only mike connector.I asked where is other part,I got answer not available.
I dind get my money back and boss of this persons(Geoff,Rose) told me that nobody will answer my letter.

The boss of Geoff Boakes and Jamie Rose prohibited for all person of icom uk to reply my letter.

Boss told me nobody will reply to my e-mail.
I didnt do any failure.

I wrote same e-mail to icom uk to geoffb@icomuk.co.uk and marketing@icomuk.co.uk and jamierose@icomuk.co.uk and sales@icomuk.co.uk but didnt get any answer.

Awful support.

EI4KE Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2013 10:38 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent an IC746 back for repair, great service at a good price,,,cheers Icom.

LA5ZO Rating: 5/5 Oct 31, 2012 13:51 Send this review to a friend
Great service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought an IC-7600 in USA in 2010. While operating remote - the TX circuit went dead. ICOM dealers in Norway/Sweden refused to do service on the radio. Claimed as it was bought outside EU they were not allowed to touch the radio.
ICOM UK however, was willing to do the repair, the EU problem was not in their vocabluary. They did the a good job and quick return. Pleasant people to deal with. 73s Geir/LA5ZO

M3KID Rating: 1/5 Mar 29, 2010 10:27 Send this review to a friend
not very good  Time owned: more than 12 months
On a third repair back to Icom on a radio under a year old for the same fault.Icom have very serious problems with some of there radio equipment, and the repair centre is unsympathetic to the people that keep them in a job.I will never purchase Icom amateur radio equipment ever again.It don't work properly when you get it out the box and it don't work correctly when sent back from repair.?????

MM3PTS Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2010 05:58 Send this review to a friend
Excellent service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Some time ago I had a radio that developed an RF fault .I phoned Icom who said send it in after out disscussion .I had an email about a week later detailing the fault .I was advised what the rough cost would be ,bearing in mind that the repair cost also included postage back to the owner .I had to wait several weeks for the radio to be fixed but this was down to the fact that the part that was needed rarely ever blows .I could have had it sooner as Icom did offer to source the part in Europe but then more cost .If you phone icom they are A1 in all dept .

G0UOO Rating: 5/5 Jun 8, 2009 09:45 Send this review to a friend
First Rate Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used Icom rigs for about ten years now. In that time I've had a couple of problems with a 706Mk2 and a Mk2G, and a warranty repair to a new 7200.

Prompt, professional and friendly service every time. The guys in the service department know their stuff and, in addition to the work above, have helped me out over the phone several times for no more that a "thank you".

I am a very satisfied customer.

M0VOC Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2008 14:33 Send this review to a friend
Thanks for Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have two Icom radios ic746 & ic2100 have had minor repairs to both at icom UK during last few years and have been Very impressed by the service received on both occasions

M0CNQ Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2007 10:45 Send this review to a friend
Second to none  Time owned: more than 12 months
I HAVE HAD SEVERAL ICOM RADIOS AND I MUST SAY THAT ICOM SERVICE IS FANTASTIC,VERY HELPFUL ON THE PHONE.ICOM HAVENOT FORGOT THAT WE ARE AMATEUR RADIO OPERATORS, I HAVE A ICOM 781 AND A ICR 9000 SIMPLY THE BEST EVER...

M0EDY Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2007 08:10 Send this review to a friend
7400 repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
had a repair to my 7400 frist class service
radio returned with a week
wood rate 10/10 if they wood let me