Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | Yaesu, G-2800DXA Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu, G-2800DXA
Yaesu, G-2800DXA Reviews: 13 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $$1089.00
Description: Yaesu's newest top-of-the-line rotator is for extra-heavy-duty antenna installations. It includes “Auto Slow Start” and “Auto Slow Stop” features to avoid sharp jolts to the antenna array and tower. The G-2800DXA includes a rugged mast clamp and 40 meters of control cable, for easy installation. Total rotation range: 450°, with presets
More info: http://www.yaesu.com/indexVS.cfm?cmd=DisplayProducts&ProdCatID=104&encProdID=yN9ulhWwjG4%3D&DivisionID=65&isArchived=0

You can write your own review of the Yaesu, G-2800DXA.

WS4B Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2009 11:38 Send this review to a friend
Great rotor!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have owned this rotor since 9/2008. Its a great rotor that has automatic breaking. Just pretend its an old T.V. antenna rotor and turn the dial! I am using it to turn my Mosley PRO-67B which weighs 110 lbs. It works like a charm!

Just to mention, the rotor comes with 100 feet of cable. I'm mentioning this as I did not know that when I ordered it and bought extra cable.

W3VIA Rating: 5/5 Jun 14, 2007 14:36 Send this review to a friend
Strong & Reliable  Time owned: more than 12 months
When I first opened the box I thought "This ain't no Tailtwister!". And it's not - it's better than the HDR-300 I had before! The 2800 has worked flawlessly for over three years with over 300 lbs of antenns and a 21 foot tall mast on top of it (and a thrust bearing). Great rotor!

K8IA Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2007 03:00 Send this review to a friend
Rugged  Time owned: more than 12 months
My G-2800DXA has been up for 4 years now. Since I am a very active contester, this rotator has been used way more than the average ham would. I have made 55,000 qso's in that period and the rotator plays like its brand new.

Mine is turning a M-Squared 40M3L, a good sized (30 ft boom and 47 ft elements) 3 element 40m yagi, plus a 3 el SteppIR. It hasnt missed a beat.

Very rugged unit and I recommend it.

73, Bob K8IA