Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Pyramid PS-36KX Help

Built-in Cooling Fan
Input: 115V AC, 60Hz, 600 Watts
Output: 12~15V DC(adjustable)
32 AMP Constant/35 AMP Surge
Powers 12V DC Devices such as Cellular Phones, CB Radios, Scanners, HAM Radios, Autosound Systems,etc.
Screw Terminal Connectors
Crowbar Over Voltage Protection
Short Circuit & Thermal Protection; Fuse Protected
LED Protection Indicators
3 Prong Grounded AC Plug
Heavy Duty Cabinet & Heatsink with Non-Skid Rubber Feet
Dimensions: 14�L x 9.17�W x 4.92�H
More info: http://www.pyramidcaraudio.com/itempage.asp?model=PS36KX

You can write your own review of the Pyramid PS-36KX.

KE4QDC Rating: 4/5 Jul 7, 2008 08:32 Send this review to a friend
Solid but runs hot to me  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this power supply for over 10 years. It has been use off/on over that time. The only problem was that the cooling fan went out. I replaced it with like kind I bought from mouser electronics. The supply run hot to me with mininum current draw. When I reach about 5 amps constant draw in a short period of time the case get hot enough that you can't keep your hands on it for long. I do not dare touch the heat sink. Anyway I have removed it from service for fear of damage and am trying to get a friend to run it through its paces to see what he thinks about the heat issue.

WA8MEA Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2008 11:31 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: more than 12 months
I continue to buy Pyramid power supplies, one of the best deals out there.

This model is so quiet, the only way I know it's running is a little noise when the fan stops after shut down. I've run all kinds of gear with this supply, and never a problem with overload, overheating or the dreaded hum.

And support is as easy as clicking the link above these reviews. The above link is also listed in the instruction manual.

AE4TR Rating: 1/5 Mar 12, 2008 05:52 Send this review to a friend
No support from pyramid  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this power supply several years ago.
It's first problem showed up after about 6 months with the DC fan going bad. I replaced it with another fan outside the case. It served well since then, until a week ago and then the voltage meter stopped working. I have been searching for some support from Pyramid for a replacement meter. No luck, can't find pyramid support. The booklet they supply with it has a schematic (very small in size) No parts list, and no contact information in the book. I will never buy any
other products from PYRAMID..

W3RYJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2008 03:23 Send this review to a friend
Great supply  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Gentlemen, I bought this supply about 11 weeks ago and it works great. The first thing I did was to add a cooling fan (12vdc) to the back fins to keep the temperature at a very low level (I do this to all my equipment). I then measured the output with my Scope and got a total noise of about 1 mv(p-p) and this I attributed to the switching times for the 24vdc rectifiers. Under 25 amp load to my Orion on 70 watts, key down, the output was still <5mv (p-p) and the load regulation was better than .1% which I find is amazing. The Orion loves it, no sign of hum or noise on any band. NO switching noises, hurray!

NZ0T Rating: 3/5 Dec 30, 2007 15:54 Send this review to a friend
Good supply bad alarm  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I sent the first one I bought back because the alarm kept going off and there was some hum on the transmit audio of my rigs. They sent me another which worked fine except for the alarm going off again. I finally disconnected the alarm and it's been working fine since. It handles the 30 amps my TR7 pulls at full output fine and no problem at all with the 20 amps my K2/100 pulls.

KC9GUZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2006 22:52 Send this review to a friend
Good power supply!!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I used to run one of these back in 1995 during my CB days to run an RCI 2970. It worked great!! The fan was a tad noisy ( could be heard on the RX end of a conversation) but otherwise it worked great! AFAIK the guy that bought the radio and power supply from me 10 years ago STILL to this day has the power supply!!!

KG6POG Rating: 5/5 Sep 6, 2005 03:14 Send this review to a friend
Great for the money  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
These can be found for a little over $100.00 and are voltage adustable the meters are decent and reflect the power being used. I have hear terrible stories about Pyramid power supplies, but I own a few of them including the PS-9KX, PS-14KX, 2 of the PS-26KX 's, a PS-36KX and the PS-52KX and have never had any sort of problem with any of them.
The PS-52KX powers my Kenwood TS-480HX 200 watts drawing a little over 40 amps with now problem, and it's been in service for over a year.
The PS-36KX has been in use for a few months now, and it does a fine job powering my 150 watt RCI 2970DX 10-12 meter mobile that I occasionally use at home.

Maybe I've been lucky but I know three other Hams that use Pyramids and have for years with no problems.