Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Mirage MP-2 Help

Reviews Summary for Mirage MP-2
Mirage MP-2 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $235
Description: 50-200MHZ peak reading VHF wattmeter and swr meter. 50w/500w/1500w ranges. Large easy-to-read meter. Requires 9V battery -or- 9-15vdc supply. Is portable with 9V battery
More info: http://www.mirageamp.com/products.php?prodid=MP-2

You can write your own review of the Mirage MP-2.

W5RHR Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2013 16:33 Send this review to a friend
the original one  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the original brown/beige MP-2 that I purchased back in the 80s. It survived storage in a non climate controlled environment for years. I dug it out of storage and it is now in line for the VHF/UHF section of my IC-7000. It works just like new and is accurate. I am using 12 volts to power the active section of the meter so no battery issues. I dont know if MFJs version is as healthy as the original, but I doubt it.

W2MSK Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2006 12:44 Send this review to a friend
Good Job MFJ!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Most likely MFJ did not design this meter in its current form but it continues to be accurate, easy to use and robust under their current manufacture. MFJ has apparently continued to use the same/similar parts as the original. Compares well with a Bird 43 in terms of measurement accuracy however not built as sturdily. The meter is eaily operated and provides a good power range unlike a Bird where you need multiple elements. Large meter is easy to read. Well worth the approximate $100 used. Recommended.

AD5TH Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2005 01:11 Send this review to a friend
As ACCURATE as a BIRD 43  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very pleased with my MP-2. It's accuracy matches a Bird 43 and is also +/- 5% at full scale. I added 3 meter lamps to mine and the effect is so nice. The meter face is larger and easier-to-read than a Bird 43. It's sensor can be located remotely as well if you choose. I found it hard locating a VHF wattmeter that would handle 400W to monitor my TE Systems 1452G so I had to rule out many competing meters since most topped out at 200W. On 9V battery power it is truly portable for field / mobile work.
I gave it a "5" rating for accuracy, easy to read meter, portability, and suitable (for me) power ranges.

Pictures of the inside plus downloadable owner's manual with schematic at www.ad5th.com/MP-2.html