Reviews Categories | Microphones | Astatic 575M6 Help

Reviews Summary for Astatic 575M6
Astatic 575M6 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $49.00
Description: Hand Held Power Mic
More info: http://www.astatic.com

You can write your own review of the Astatic 575M6.

KJ4I Rating: 5/5 Jun 20, 2015 19:48 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Mic  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this mic for a number of years and have had nothing but compliments on my audio. I have had this mic wired for several different radios over the years and it has worked well with everything I have used it on. It's a shame that Astatic stopped making these. It is a heavy mic and very solid. It is made out of a plastic material but it is not cheap. Very thick and heavy construction. If you can find one second hand for a decent price it is worth having however, these were such good mics they are selling for a higher price used than they were new. This mic will not disappoint.

HA7WX Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2015 09:38 Send this review to a friend
Rare to find at a fair price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was lucky to find one at a fair price because that kind person in my country of origin (France) did not want to make extra bucks on me. Discontinued, this mike is being very sought after and sells twice its original MSRP price.
It is IMO (and others' opinion too) the best mobile mike ever engineered and it is very practical to have both tone and volume controls.
I must add that this one has a perfect fit in my hands with its teardrop shape.
Also, besides the fact it works great on my Uniden collector CBs, it also sounds perfectly on my Kenwood TS-870 or TS-850 rigs.
I also have a D104-M6 which is also a great mike with the usual Astatic additional punch to increase the average output power in SSB.

N4RAP Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2005 13:59 Send this review to a friend
Great Microphone  Time owned: more than 12 months
Anybody who know me, knows that I have a microphone problem. I love 'em!!! Can't get enough of 'em. I must have about thirty mics in the house and all wired up for something and ready to go on the air. This is a great looking mic and sounds even better. It also has a tone control as well as a volume control! I have had one of these, wired for Kenwood, and I get great audio reports on it. Whey Astatic stopped making this microphone I will never, never know. Boy, what a mistake. There is nothing on the market, in production today, that can even come close!!!! I also have the noise cancelling version of this called the Road Devil and it's also a great mic, too.