Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | PocketSat+ Help

Reviews Summary for PocketSat+
PocketSat+ Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$25
Description: PocketSat+ is a full-featured satellite tracking application for PalmOS and PocketPC devices. It is designed to be usable by both experienced satellite trackers as well as novices who are interested in knowing when they can simply look up and see satellites.

More info: http://www.bigfattail.com/software/pocketsatplus/index.html

You can write your own review of the PocketSat+.

K6LCS Rating: 5/5 Aug 3, 2005 08:14 Send this review to a friend
Great Aid!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using BigFatTail's software for about two years on my Garmin iQue 3600. In a word - it's GREAT! In the home office, I like Nova for Windows. But while actually outside talking to the satellites, it is PocketSat that gives me an accurate, graphic representation of satellite passes. What more could one ask for in satellite tracking software for Palm devices?

Clint Bradford, K6LCS

AK2B Rating: 5/5 Aug 3, 2005 07:25 Send this review to a friend
Very nice!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Being new to satellite communications, one of the first things you learn is that you must have some way of locating the "birds". I wanted something that would work with my pocket pc so I wouldn't have to lug around a laptop. I stumbled across a demo of this program and downloaded it to give it a try. At first the satellites didn't seem to be in the same place compared to the other program running on my desktop (Satscape). So, I resorted to reading the instructions (which, by the way, are very good) and found I had not set the times up properly.
Once I did that I started to play with the program and found that it had one outstanding feature that even the desktop programs didn't have - a rating scale of 1 - 10 (10 = best) of the quality of the pass. This allows me to quickly do an analysis by selecting the satellites I want to look at, enter the time period (a day or so) and get a listing sorted by time of day along with the rating for each pass. With that information, when the time comes, I quickly gather up my Arrow and my FT-817 and run outside to see what I can hear. Great fun!. Another nifty little feature on the “Sat” tab is being able to quickly select only those satellites in your database that are above the horizon. The maps are very useful for tracking several satellites at once and the “Sky” view is excellent for watching the progress of a pass. The user interface is very good and I found myself able to learn the program easily.