Reviews Categories | Packet TNCs | AEA PK-900 Help

Reviews Summary for AEA PK-900
AEA PK-900 Reviews: 13 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $549
Description: All-mode data controller: Packet, RTTY, Morse, AMTOR, PACTOR
More info: http://www.timewave.com/

You can write your own review of the AEA PK-900.

AB0TJ Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2002 01:28 Send this review to a friend
Wow!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I love this thing!! Loaded with features. Performs well even with signals I can hardly hear. The two (real, seperate) ports are nice. Work Pactor on HF and get mail on VHF at the same time. Also, the ability to dim the backlight is nice too, as the PK-900 is in the same room I sleep in, so I don't have to put up with the eerie glow it puts out in the dark. Anybody had experience with the DSP board? Email me at pi_3_141@hotmail.com, tell me if the DSP is worth the money. Seems like this thing does well enough without it. I seriously cannot think of anything to complain about with the PK-900.

NT9E Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2002 14:21 Send this review to a friend
Great Product !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using the AEA PK-900 since 1994. I use it with AEA's PC-Pakratt 2.0 and Logwindows 3.0. It is a dream to use. I also work PSK via a sound card too. I still prefer to use the PK-900 for AMTOR/PACTOR/RTTY versus using my soundcard for digital modes. I also use packet for DX spots from the local DX cluster at the same time I operate RTTY. If you find one for sale, grab it!

KP4WG Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2001 21:06 Send this review to a friend
The best! Too bad it's gone  Time owned: more than 12 months
I don't own a PK-900 right now but I had it for 2 years a while back when it came out. I regret selling it, it is the best TNC i ever used. If you can find one used, I suggest you get it.

Never had any trouble with it and I used almost every single feature it had to offer. It's too bad they are not making it anymore....maybe if enough people speak up ;)