Reviews Categories | Emergency/Portable Power: generators, solar, wind, thermal, etc | Honda EX-650 Generator Help

Reviews Summary for Honda EX-650 Generator
Honda EX-650 Generator Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $699
Description: Portable super quiet generator
More info: http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/

You can write your own review of the Honda EX-650 Generator.

G8ITB Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2007 08:09 Send this review to a friend
Good Old Workhorse!  Time owned: more than 12 months
My EX-650 is my late father-in-law's camping trailer generator. I use it for field days and mini-DX'peditions to North Wales - up in the Brecon Beacons. Always starts easily, works perfectly on my Yaesu FT-897D based station. I will probably get an EU-2.0i version later this year. No problems - an oldie, but a worker!

KB8ASO Rating: 5/5 Feb 17, 2007 10:07 Send this review to a friend
Saving my bacon @ -3 degrees  Time owned: more than 12 months
Lost power on Tuesday @ 5PM due to ice storm and it is now Saturday @ noon. No relief in sight! Running a torpedo heater, 25w fluorescent light and this pc without any problems. Sips gas and oil and even when cooled to 0 degrees started on 2nd pull! One of the best purchases I ever made. If you see one grab it. You will not be disapointed!!! My much newer Yamaha YG-2800 inverter has let me down as the carb has started leaking gas. Can't trust it now as it might catch fire! Always have 2 generators if you NEED to rely on them.

Randy AB9GO

p.s. I run Mobil1 synthetic oil in these air cooled engines.

KB8ASO Rating: 5/5 Jun 7, 2006 17:23 Send this review to a friend
Quiet reliable genset for field day!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had mine for 10+ years and NO issues. It just purrs along. EXTRA QUIET operation. If you can find one grab it! For field day or emergency ops it is good for a light, fan, HF & VHF radio, laptop computer and a TV all at the same time and has a 12 V 8.2 A battery charger built in. One of the best out there!

KE6PID Rating: 5/5 Aug 5, 2005 09:59 Send this review to a friend
A quiet workhorse  Time owned: more than 12 months
The EX-650 generator form Honda has proven to be a reliable and quiet workhorse. It will run a single 100-watt rig and accessories plus a few low power lights for a long time and not use much fuel. It's rated at 550 watts continuous power output, which is a little low, but does get the job done.

In the six years I have had it other than normal service it has required nothing. It's electrically and audibly quiet, you hardly know it's running.

This model has been discontinued and been replaced by the EU-1000, but it's a great value on the used market.