Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | DX Engineering Tilt-Base for Verticals Help

Reviews Summary for DX Engineering Tilt-Base for Verticals
DX Engineering Tilt-Base for Verticals Reviews: 24 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $39.95 to 59.95
Description: Stainless Steel Tilt Base. One person can easily walk down the antenna to tune or make repairs. Simply lift the antenna, tilt to the side and walk it down. After the antenna is up you tighten the bolts to the plate to keep it in place. Conveniently mounts to the same mast that you use for the antenna and radial plate

You can write your own review of the DX Engineering Tilt-Base for Verticals.

WB0FTY Rating: 5/5 Mar 4, 2016 09:37 Send this review to a friend
Worth the money.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Makes working on verticals a snap. I have one on my DX-88 and 5 BTV. I can handle it by myself with no problems. Makes working on the antenna's a breeze.
NE8P Rating: 5/5 Jul 19, 2014 05:51 Send this review to a friend
Well Worth the Money  Time owned: more than 12 months
While they are a bit pricey, these tilt bases are well worth the money. They makes installing and servicing vertical antennas easy, quick and safe. I have two bases; one supporting a 48 ft. center loaded 80 meter antenna and the other supporting a Butternut HF9V. They are both rock solid.

WM4YD Rating: 4/5 Nov 25, 2013 18:32 Send this review to a friend
Good item....  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great construction, very sturdy and well designed. I give it 4 starts, since you have to buy even more expensive hardware to install with a Hustler BTV vertical outside of what comes with the "kit". The idea of the 1/4-20 knobs to use for lowering without tools is an excellent idea, but I used knobs I found at my local hardware store for much cheaper. The saddle clamps DXE sells are way overpriced...
KC7YE Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2013 15:06 Send this review to a friend
Works like a champ !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Use for portable operations with 5BTV. Makes for quick one person deployment. Get the 1/4-20 knobs if going to use as I do, no wrench needed.
K8TS Rating: 5/5 Aug 4, 2013 09:20 Send this review to a friend
Can not do without!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I was able to raise and lower my 6btv yesterday at least 6 times by my myself. When making adjustments the only way to beat this is with your own boom truck. No ladders. less than 5 minute up, 5 minute down!
K7ABV Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2013 15:41 Send this review to a friend
excellent product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used the tilt-Base for 4 years, and got the star wing nuts ,4 of them,I have the R7 vertical on an 8 foot pole...the set up works easy, and beats doing it the old way, which was on an 8 foot step ladder, trying to put the antenna together, since I left part of it up over the winter..I use this at a summer home...makes life easy and would buy it again in a heartbeat...
WA2SOC Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2013 08:40 Send this review to a friend
Perfect for me (and my son)  Time owned: more than 12 months
Excellent product shipped quickly. I liked it so much that my son just bought a new house and I got
one for his birthday.
K5UAK Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2013 17:38 Send this review to a friend
Works great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The tilt base is very well made it is very sturdy and precision machined. It made tuning my Hustler 5BTV a snap. I recommend it to anyone who has a vertical antenna. They make versions for most verticals.

DX Engineering 's service is unsurpassed in the business with quick shipment at reasonable prices.
W5DQ Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2012 23:12 Send this review to a friend
SOLID GOLD!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this to use with a new Hustler 6BTV install. I had a 1/4 wave 40M homebrew vertical and it was a 2 man job to lower it for any need. Quite a chore but with the Tilt Over Plate from DXE, dropping the 26' 6BTV is a snap (actually my 6BTV is now 30' tall as I modified it for better 80M and 40M performance / efficiency and 160 operation). I also use the hand twist-able 'star' knobs from DXE for tightening the Tilt Over Plate brackets and now I can drop the vertical over to change out resonator to put it on 160M in a couple of minutes .... without any tools and almost with one hand. I could not imagine having ANY vertical without a Tilt Over Plate now. The antenna system has also has taken quite a few heavy winds in the last month or so since I have had it installed. Solid base mount with no vibrating or movement of any kind. You cannot go wrong with this item from DXE. I would give it a 10 but the scale only goes to 5.
KC0WJB Rating: 5/5 Jul 27, 2011 19:21 Send this review to a friend
Great set-up  Time owned: more than 12 months
A few years ago I purchased a 6-BTV antenna from DX Engineering. Two days ago we had a terrible wind storm. My antenna is mounted on your tilt
base and is not guyed, but it came through the 60 MPH storm just perfectly. With the tilt base,it is one tough antenna system.