Reviews Categories | Receive Pre-amps | DX Engineering RPA-1 Receive Preamp Help

Reviews Summary for DX Engineering RPA-1 Receive Preamp
DX Engineering RPA-1 Receive Preamp Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $109.00
Description: The RPA-1 provides exceptional performance from 0.3-35 MHz operating range. It's push-pull amplifier design and robust components enable it to withstand high signal levels and operate when you need it most. It is easily bypassed by turning it off.
More info: http://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dxe-rpa-1

You can write your own review of the DX Engineering RPA-1 Receive Preamp.

N4GG Rating: 5/5 Feb 1, 2008 18:47 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have two of these running in a very demanding SO2R setup. The DNR is the best on the market. Noise figure is nice and low. Gain is adjustable if you need - change two resistor values. A really excellent desing and quality manufacture. The integral bypass relay is helpful as well.

NJ6D Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2008 05:19 Send this review to a friend
Excelent Product  Time owned: more than 12 months
A very good pre-amp for my beverage antennas. Low noise and handles strong signals from local broadcast stations without a whisper of distortion.

I have several AM broadcast towers within line of sight of my QTH. The strongest by far is our local PBS station KUAT running 50KW during daytime hours. With no antenna on the receiver this station is s9+40-50 db. The RPA-1 handles my conditions with flying colors. I hear no spurious products at all coming from the pre-amp.

I will no doubt add more of these as my receive farm grows.