Reviews Categories | Antenna Switching, Phasing, Controllers | DX Engineering Reversable Beverage System Help

Reviews Summary for DX Engineering Reversable Beverage System
DX Engineering Reversable Beverage System Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $129.00
Description: The RBS-1 is a 2-wire reversible Beverage antenna system consisting of an RBS1- FP feedpoint system and RBS1-RT reflection transformer. The components are also available separately. The system allows switching direction from the operating position using a single feedline or running the feedlines for both directions back to operating position.
More info: http://www.dxengineering.com/Parts.asp?ID=211&PLID=107&SecID=79&DeptID=12&PartNo=DXE%2DRBS%2D1P

You can write your own review of the DX Engineering Reversable Beverage System.

W7VO Rating: 5/5 Apr 20, 2009 17:38 Send this review to a friend
Great product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed this DX Engineering reverseable Beverage system this weekend, so I will be the first to review it. IT WORKS AS ADVERTISED. I have mine set up 6 feet off the ground, and use 360 feet of 16 gauge 450 ohm ladder line aimed due North (Europe) and South (South America). (Pictures at www.w7vo.com). The directional features made about a 3-4 S unit difference when listening to CA stations (due South of my QTH), verses stations in BC (which are due North). Noise is about 4-6 S units lower than inverted vee on 80M, but signals are also about 1-2 S units lower (antenna has a gain of >1), so overall it works!
I listened to two stations on 80M that were right on top of each other, and both S8 on my TS-820S, and my inverted vee. With the beverage I was able to notch out one of the stations almost entirely.
I wish I had enough room for a second East/West one, but oh well!

Mike Ritz, W7VO