Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | DX Engineering U-Bolt Saddle Clamps Help

Reviews Summary for DX Engineering U-Bolt Saddle Clamps
DX Engineering U-Bolt Saddle Clamps Reviews: 11 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $3.99+
Description: These Saddle Clamps are made in sizes that fit thick wall tubing, used in antenna construction not like clamps found at your typical automotive sources. The supplied U-bolt is long enough to attach tubing to thick plates and is made with anti-corrosive properties and will grip securely to the tubing.
More info: http://www.dxengineering.com/search/product-line/dx-engineering-saddle-clamps/saddle-clamp-type/u-bolt?keyword=saddle&page=1

You can write your own review of the DX Engineering U-Bolt Saddle Clamps.

KG5RJR Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2017 11:48 Send this review to a friend
Love these  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Love these saddle clamps DXE-SSVC-2P, better quality than could be obtained at the local hardware store. Quality constructed from stainless steel and worked great with the Pipe I used as my STAND. I do wish that Id found these included with my radial plate would have saved me some shipping and time. I have these on my OMNI tilt, Feedline Current Choke and Radial Plate.

VK4VW Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2016 02:22 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am also very pleased with the DX engineering saddle clamps. I used them in the installation of a Hustler 6BTV, DXE radial plate, VFCC 50 current choke and the tilt over base. Very professional looking installation that works well.

Placed order online and received the goods in Australia just 10 days later.
Peter Dawson
VK4VW

VA3DDN Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2014 13:35 Send this review to a friend
When its gotta work, use DX!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am very pleased with the DXE-SSVC-2P clamps.
I used them to mount the Tilt Base Mounting Plate to the 1.5" dia pipe mount.
The fit was perfect and gave me confidence that the plate was really secure.
My order was placed on line with no problems and the clamps delivered in a few days.
VA3DDN
Don Dorward

NE8P Rating: 5/5 Jul 19, 2014 05:44 Send this review to a friend
The Real Deal!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ditto K5UAK's comments. Don't try and cobble the job with cheap muffler or hardware store clamps.

Mike

K5UAK Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2013 17:32 Send this review to a friend
Excellent quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very sturdy high quality saddle clamps, much better than any others I have used. Great service from DX Engineering. They are a first rate company that really takes care of their customers.

VE7RF Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2012 06:16 Send this review to a friend
Best U-bolt saddle clamp made..period.  Time owned: more than 12 months
ALL my F-12 "muffler clamps" rusted out !
OK, that's it for me. Ever fought with rusted out hardware? For folks who are paying somebody to do their ant work, the amount of time wasted cutting off rusted U bolts will cost you a bundle. The kicker is... IF you install MORE junk plane steel "muffler clamps"...they too will rust out pretty quick, so what are you going to do now, replace with a 3rd set of junk clamps ?

These DX eng SS U bolt saddle clamps are the real ticket. They have the all important EXTRA LONG threads on them ! They easily can be used on 3/8" thick plates. I use my own version of the infamous F-12 double plate scheme fro mounting a boom to a mast. I use these dx eng U bolt saddle clamps to mount the boom to the Horizontal plate [ and dx eng SUPER duty saddle clamps for the vertical plate, see my other review].

All the rusted out F-12 muffler clamps used to mount the various yagi els to the booms were replaced with the correct size SS dx eng U-bolt saddle clamps. Make sure "marine grade never seize" is used on the threads. Marine grade never seize is made by the loctite company.

later... Jim VE7RF

K8JHR Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2011 18:38 Send this review to a friend
Fabulous  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used these on several home made antenna projects. Just fabulous and work exactly as intended. Worth the money for sure.

--------- James - K8JHR ----------

WB5ZDP Rating: 5/5 Jun 19, 2007 09:46 Send this review to a friend
Worth It.  Time owned: more than 12 months
At first, they seemed kind of expensive. But next time youre hanging by your climbing belt at 80 feet, and twist off some rusted, cheap, big-box-store u-bolt, then the DX Engineering version suddenly seem quite reasonable. I have them on all of my antennas now.

K2PH Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2007 11:10 Send this review to a friend
Imossible to find elsewhere !  Time owned: more than 12 months
These clamps are great, and impossible to find in the "big box" stores. Stainless is of course, the way to go, just remember to order some "never-seize" compound to use with it.

K5UO Rating: 5/5 Feb 4, 2006 18:33 Send this review to a friend
Excellente'  Time owned: more than 12 months
Very glad something is available like this w/o going to muffler-type clamps that rust. 100% hold on whatever you are clamping. Have used them on antennas and mast pipes.