Reviews Categories | Filters, RF: bandpass, lowpass, highpass, RFI/EMI, etc.. | DX Engineering RFI Suppression Beads Help

Reviews Summary for DX Engineering RFI Suppression Beads
DX Engineering RFI Suppression Beads Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $22.25+
Description: Reduce or eliminate ignition/injector noise in vehicles. Reduce or eliminate RFI in home
- Reduce or eliminate ignition/injector noise
- 3 S-units improvement not uncommon!
- Hear many more stations

-Radio Power Lead
-Between PC and Digital Interfaces
-Wall Warts
-Speaker Wires

You can write your own review of the DX Engineering RFI Suppression Beads.

VE7IG Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2015 07:36 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've been buying several lots of these recently with new cabling, all sizes, using several on each coax jumper for decoupling tuners and amplifier and on power cords. I've had an FTDX3000 for a couple of years now and just put cores on all cables in and out as suggested by one reviewer who had some problems with RF getting into his 3000 and frying components. You can wind small diameter cables twice or three times through the larger inside diameter cores to increase isolation.

This product is among the best I've seen, very well built. The largest square cores fit nicely on LMR-600 and the "half inch" cores fit on RG8, RG213 and LMR-400. Using several right at an HF mobile whip will keep RF from getting back inside the vehicle on the outside of the coax. I also put them on mouse, keyboard and other lines going in and out of the USB ports on the computers on my operating table. It is easy to fry USB ports with RF, especially if you have a ladder line coming into the shack.

Once you start using these you will find you need more. Use them liberally and you won't regret it.
NK8X Rating: 5/5 Jun 2, 2015 13:29 Send this review to a friend
It works!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used many DXE snap-on ferrite beads over the years.

Initially they were used to suppress HF RFI from spark plug wires in my mobile. They dropped the RFI by at least 2 S-units. Bonding the hood to the engine and chassis helped too.

Later I realized that these beads fit on ethernet cables. They reduce the noise coming out of my router(s).

A couple years ago I put up a 160 OCF antenna. It is fed with 450 ohm line to a Comtek balun. Several snap on chokes helped decouple RF on the coax run to the station. The chokes really helped my RFI issue when the antenna was used on 30 and 20 meters.

Lately, I have been experimenting with using them to reduce noise coming from wall cube power supplies. - The results have been mixed. Switch mode wall warts are the scourge of the earth.

I'm sure there are other uses. Several reside in my parts kit for unforeseen problems.

de Art - NK8X
AD9DX Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2012 20:15 Send this review to a friend
Baby monitor approved  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased these a few of these to combat RFI getting into the baby monitor in our bedroom. The clip on beads works perfectly. Happy wife and baby, happy life.
KE7HOP Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2010 22:03 Send this review to a friend
Great No more RFI  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
These beads solved my RFI problems in my Mobile, some of them are exposed to winter weather elements in excess of 45 degrees below zero here in Alaska. I have had no problems with them thus far, I like the 3/4" beads the best. The customer service at DX Engineering was courteous and helpful I would certainly recommend them and there products.
No more RFI in the Mobile!