Reviews Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF models) | ICOM IC-7000 Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM IC-7000
ICOM IC-7000 Reviews: 321 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $TBA
Description: HF/VHF/UHF All Mode Transceiver.
2 DSP
Digital voice recorder (DVR)
Improved AGC loop performance
2 MNF (Manual Notch Filter)
2-mode band scope
2.5-inch color TFT display with TV screen receive capability
Remote control Microphone
Digital IF filters

Available mid 2006
More info: http://www.icomamerica.com/products/amateur/7000/

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC-7000.

K6MTS Rating: 5/5 Jul 1, 2014 13:05 Send this review to a friend
Best all in one by far!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have both an IC700 and a Yaesu 857D and the 7000 is in a different league, blows the 857D away in features and performance. Run both barefoot mobile with LDG autotuners. 857 is pretty sweet rig for the price, but if I had to do it again and had the extra few hundred I would have gotten another 7000 instead.

Had a few issues at first with white noise from mic and mic cord but positives have far outweighed the negs.
Great Rig!

KG7AV Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2014 22:15 Send this review to a friend
New Go-To Rig  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
An IC-718 had been my primary rig for some time. Liked the idea of a compact all-band all-mode rig, and followed the reviews of the FT-857 and the IC-7000. When HRO started blowing them out with the extra year warranty to make room for the 7100's, couldn't resist. The digital filter capability and the voice/keyer capability are great. I love the functional simplicity of my 718, but the 7000 is my new go-to rig.

W9WQA Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2014 17:22 Send this review to a friend
lots in a small box!  Time owned: more than 12 months
just a comment on one gripe since i agree with all the good comments made b4.
radios like this should have a software lock for repeater freqs just like programming an ht so bumping the big knob doesnt take you ???, and no, locking the big knob is not the answer!!
same for 60 meters obviously since thos freqs are fixed i guess. i dont go there.
i made a mobile bracket that puts mine at my finger tips and is out of the way for me and a rare passenger. in my hummer 3. ant is on the spare tire.

i like icom stuff but also use ft450d at home.

W4JRQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2014 20:28 Send this review to a friend
All around awesome!   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I was skeptical of the reviews that I saw but after talking to people who had owned one of these radios since shortly after they came out, I was reassured. I chose this radio for three main reasons. It's all band / all mode, it's two notch filters, and I like the looks. There were other reasons but these are the main ones. I spent hours literally researching radio's functions, reviews and every detail I could about the different radios since I was going to be dropping a thousand dollars on a radio alone not to mention accessories. I'm glad I chose the ic7000.

N4YX Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2014 06:34 Send this review to a friend
Three  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have three, yes, three. Started with one for mobile after having used many 706MKiiG units both fixed & mobile for many years. I've now "standardized" on the 7000. This little radio is extremely feature packed; has color display; outputs color video to external monitor; both automatic & manual (2) notch filters .. yada, yada. The transmit audio is superb and I use both the SM-6 & SM-8 desk mics along with the stock hand mic with all the program buttons for mobile control.

AB3CN Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2014 21:39 Send this review to a friend
Very Happy with IC-7000  Time owned: more than 12 months
Alcon, I've had this radio for three years. I use it with a long wire antenna attached to an ICOM AH-4. It is my base radio. I have worked Russia and Greece and all of Europe and South America using PSK31 (with a Signalink USB). I Love PSK31. Yes, I'd like to get a new radio and empty my wallet...but I haven't so far because the IC-7000 works well. I play with the HRD software from time to time. I bought the CI-V interface off of Ebay (cheap, and works great). I'm not slamming any radio - in the back of my mind I think each year there will be a huge leap forward with receiver technology. But, I think there's a small advance, unfortunately, and the huge sums of money for the better radios don't seem to me to be ... attractive. In my opinion, the 7000 is a compact versatile reliable sensitive radio. I paid 1200 for it...so at current prices I think it's a good purchase. In the past I have had a FT-920, Kenwood 430, and Icom IC-735. Best regards to all.

VE8AP Rating: 3/5 Mar 9, 2014 10:04 Send this review to a friend
TRANSMIT AUDIO POOR  Time owned: more than 12 months
Well close but know cigar I bought a Heil goldline thinking that was the ticket to remedy transmit audio to my shock when I tried it the audio was still poor. I tried the new Mic on my 706 MKIIG it was a thing of beauty my ham friends in Texas and California said they hadn't heard me sound that good ever. I have owned a Omni VI and a Ts 130v and various other rig's never with an transmit Audio quality issue as the 7000 has. I like the radio don't get me wrong nice little rig If your a person who loves there audio like many do this is lacking bigtime I am sure there is a fix for this issue but my feeling you shouldn't have to fix something when you buy a new rig. Thanks all 73's from the Ekati diamond mine take care!

WD40 Rating: 5/5 Feb 12, 2014 12:52 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Wonderful receive section, the notch filters (2) perform flawlessly while the noise reduction circuitry just plain works! It's simply a joy to listen to this little radio, best value for the buck hands down!

VK2FZR Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2014 02:51 Send this review to a friend
good radio to have  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought my IC-7000 2 years ago and it is a pleasure to use. It drives a 1K-FA amp quite nicely on HF and 6. it does run pretty hot even just sitting there but a cooling fan on top does the trick if you are concerned. I think the s metre could be a little more active but if you can hear them who cares. the filters and noise blanker work very well. I did find that on HF and 6m the output is about 130 watt but on 2m it is only 35w. The only problem I have with the radio is the finals blew yesterday so im glad for the 5yr warranty but I guess you can't blame anyone for a faulty part. and yes even with the finals blowing I would still buy it again as it's a great radio to use.

KD8QDL Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2014 04:02 Send this review to a friend
Great Rig  Time owned: more than 12 months
I concur with many others that for the money and the footprint size of this radio, it simply cannot be beat. I bought mine used from a friend who had it mounted in his car for 2 years. It was my main rig after I sold my Yaesu 900AT to a fellow member of our Ham Club. It flat out performed better than the 900AT. I then mounted the IC-7000 in a go box for our ARES group that is simply outstanding. It handles everything from CW to digital with the SignaLink USB adapter and HRD installed combined with FLDIGI. I now have an IC-7600 as my main rig, but for our weekly 2M ARES nets, I still use the IC-7000 as it works on all bands flawlessly. It is so good, that our club recently purchased another IC-7000 for our ARES Mobile Emergency Command Center. I would not hesitate to get another and plan on putting one in my car soon. BTW...the friend who sold me his actually turned around and bought another IC-7000 for his car to replace the one I now have. He knows that this radio is simply the best!