Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | DX Engineering Multi-Band Dipoles Help

Reviews Summary for DX Engineering Multi-Band Dipoles
DX Engineering Multi-Band Dipoles Reviews: 19 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $49.95+
Description: The DX Engineering multi-band dipoles are designs that are rugged yet lightweight. Using a tuner, they are usable to 30 MHz and come complete with the wire elements, ladder feedline, center T support and end mount brackets.

Dipole Models There are 4 configurations:

- DXE-WA-260: 260’ for 160m and below
- DXE-WA-135: 135’ for 80m and below
- DXE-WA-70: 70’ for 40m and below
- DXE-SWA-070: 74’ for 3.5 to 30MHz. Ham or SWL use!

Each model resonates at the low end of the band specified. All DX Engineering Dipole antennas are usable from their primary resonant band to 30MHz.

They’re built using the highest quality components:

- Elements: 14 AWG copper, PVC jacket for flexibility and strength
- Feedline: 100', 18 AWG, 300 Ohm ladder line, UV resistant, 0.88 VF
- Hardware: Stainless Steel
- CENTER T support and end insulators: High impact Black, UV resistant
- Power Rating: 1500w
More info: http://www.dxengineering.com/search/product-line/dx-engineering-multi-band-dipole-antennas?keyword=wa&page=1

You can write your own review of the DX Engineering Multi-Band Dipoles.

WB9OTX Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2017 15:23 Send this review to a friend
Better than I expected  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
DX Engineering Multi-Band Dipole Antennas DXE-WA-135 I have had in the past many multa band wire antennas, traped, long wire, end fed, Etc., none performed as well as this one. I constructed this antenna as per the directions from DX Engineering. I have 110 foot of invert vee and 97.7 foot of 300 ohm window line lead in. This goes to a 1 to 1 balun that I had on hand. Then 25 foot of RG8U coax to the Palstar AT2KD tuner. I am able to tune all except 12 meters from 80 to 10 meters. I like this antenna because it is horizontal polarized. I have verticals on 60, 40,30 meters and a 43 ft. vertical. This antenna is quieter and sometimes, but not always puts out a better signal than the verticals. Even at a height of only 20 ft. (wish I could go higher) My best contacts have been VK and ZLs on 40 meters. It works very good on 75, 60, and 30 also. I am very pleased with the stainless steel and UV resistive construction. Its a keeper and I'll have it up for a long time to come. I am going to order another one for 40 meters to place in the attic. Thank you DX Engineering for a great product..... WB9OTX

KX8V Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2017 17:37 Send this review to a friend
Quality product   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Built antenn to dx engineering instructions I used a Comtek 1:1 balum 10 feet of r 213. Erected at 20 feet and I am getting excellent signal reports as compared to the jest ream I was previously using .

NX0E Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2016 09:11 Send this review to a friend
Stands up to long use  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had a DXE-WA-135 up for 5 years. The center insulated is mounted on a wooden pole at 17' via rope and pulley. My QTH is subject to high winds and severe winter weather at times. The DXE wire, insulators, and window line are still in good shape with no visible weathering. The only antenna failure was the wooden pole - the screw-in eye hook pulled loose. (It's now replaced with a thru-bolt eye hook, washer and nut!) Using an autotuner, I can tune all HF bands.

N7ZM Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2014 21:57 Send this review to a friend
Quakity made  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
All quality parts. My 80 meter version works great and is a great buy for its price. Using it with their high power 1:1 balun which is also a quality made product. You cannot go wrong with this antenna and balun. It just plain works!

N7ZM Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2014 14:33 Send this review to a friend
Quality parts  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
DX Engineering,
So glad I decided to buy from you. The quality of the products I ordered were way above expectations. They have worked out the the highest degree of operations and I highly recommend purchases from DX Engineering. You pay a little more but in Amateur Radio you get what you pay for! Also bought their 1:1 DXE-Bal050-H10-AT High Power balun.Quality, Expertise, and integrity is DX Engineering!

N1RND Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2014 06:50 Send this review to a friend
dxe-wa-135  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Purchased the 80 meter dipole kit. It shipped that day and was here a few days later! Packed real well. High quality materials. Followed the directions exactly and it loads up fine on all bands.
I put it up last fall and since have had lots of snow and ice storms here in New England and it has survived nicely.
Again, nothing but the best experiences with DX Engineering.

WB4TJH Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2013 13:03 Send this review to a friend
The kit saves money  Time owned: more than 12 months
Any standard dipole will give you same results, but the nice thing about the DX Engineering dipole kit is that by buying the kit, you save money over buying the same parts individually. You get 100 feet of heavy duty 300 ohm ladderline, which has less surface area than 450 ladderline, thus much less ice and windloading. You also get a very sturdy center unit for connecting the feedline and the antenna wire, plus stainless steel nuts and bolts. The antenna wire is PVC coated and very strong. So for less money than you would spend if you purchased it all one piece at a time, you get a simple to assemble dipole that stands up in all weather conditions. It won't perform any worse or better than any other properly made dipole, but with the balanced feedline plus a good antenna tuner and balun, you will have an all band antenna system with virtually NO loss, that will show gain on the higher bands. The only downside is that on the higher bands, you will get multiple lobes, possibly in directions other than you want to radiate. But for a true, all band antenna system, a dipole fed with balanced feed line is superb. Mine is the 135 foot version, and it works well 80 thru 10 meters, with almost no loss in the system. I have been using this type of antenna for the past 40 years, and it is by far the best bang for the buck you can build or buy in a one antenna for all bands type system.

WB4TJH Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2012 14:35 Send this review to a friend
Rugged construction, well thought out kit  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
What's there NOT to like about these antennas? They are rugged, easy to put together, the 300 ohm windowline works well, with lower wind and ice loading than 450 Ohm balanced line and they work. I have been using dipoles fed with balanced feed line for the past 35 years, and with a good transmatch, they are superb all band antennas. I put up the DX Engineering 135 footer, and it's rugged but light weight and with my Palstar transmatch, works like a charm on 80meters and up. It also loads well on 160, but of course it's only half size on that band. DX Engineering is an A+ company to deal with, and you won't go wrong buying anything from them.

KD5MXK Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2012 15:53 Send this review to a friend
BUY FROM THESE GUYS  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
THE WEATHER FINALLY KNOCKED OUT MY LOOP SO I BOUGHT DXE-WA-135, A NEW RADIO, A BUNCH OF STUFF, MADE BIG PLANS(XYL APPROVED), AND STARTED MOVING THE STATION.
THIS STUFF ALL ARRIVED BEFORE I COULD GET MOVED. IT IS ALL GOOD QUALITY. THE ANTENNA WORKS REALLY WELL AT 40' INVERTED V. TUNING IS QUICK AND EASY. NOT AS QUIET AS THE LOOP BUT MUCH EASIER TO PUT UP.
THE DX BALUN IS WELL MADE. LOUSY SIGNAL REPORTS FOR LAST 2 MONTHS CAME TO AN END WITH THE DXE-WA-135 IN PLACE.

W2TXB Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2011 10:11 Send this review to a friend
Works well.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I finally decided to replace my 265' homebuilt dipole and 450-ohm line with the DXE 160-M kit; found it was cheaper and easier than buying cheaper parts from various places (like I did the last time ;) ). Per their tech instructions and article, I cut (after measuring at least thee times prior to each cut) the elements to 110 feet each and the 300-ohm feed line to 60.1 feet, as the antenna is mounted @ 20 ft. AGL.

My AT-Auto tuner tunes it more easily, except for a few frequencies on 75/80 meters; if I manually tune, it works great on those frequencies as well.

All told, this antenna kit is a very good product at a bargain price. For the sixty dollars spent, I bought it to experiment with; I plan to keep using it as my primary HF antenna.