Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | DX Engineering Beverage Feed System Help

Reviews Summary for DX Engineering Beverage Feed System
DX Engineering Beverage Feed System Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $35.00
Description: The BFS-1 is an isolated-winding,matching transformer system that significantly increases the signal to noise ratio in Beverage and other high impedance antennas. This unit is immune to strong signal overload and core saturation common in multi-transmitter contesting environments,and is used by winning contest stations and low-band DXers.

The BFS-1 feedpoint matching system works with antenna impedances from 400-500 ohms and feedline impedances between 30-100 ohms,although 75- ohm feedline is best. While not intended for transmitting,the BFS-1 withstands
power levels of 20 watts continuously,200 watts for 5 seconds or the power rating of the termination resistor,whichever is less.

Other features include:

- 100 KHz to 30 MHz operating range
- Spark gaps minimize damage from lightning
- Wing nut terminals eliminate soldering
- Rugged aluminum housing and stainless-steel hardware
- Flange-mount holes for easy mounting
- Protected from accidental transmitter power
- Ground isolated secondary can be connected with normal or reverse phase
More info: http://www.dxengineering.com/search/product-line/dx-engineering-beverage-antenna-systems?autoview=SKU&keyword=beverage

You can write your own review of the DX Engineering Beverage Feed System.

W4MY Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2013 04:54 Send this review to a friend
Very Good  Time owned: more than 12 months
Needed a quick SWL antenna and had a BFS-1 laying around from a beverage I used to have up, but moved and no longer have the space. (which worked good, by the way) Put a 48' piece of wire on it and drove a scrap piece if ground rod into the ground at a convienent spot. Found my old run of RG-6 75 ohm coax used for the old beverage and hooked everything up to the receiver.

In about an hour I had a serious SWL antena. I was very supprised and pleased with it. The receiver (Kenwood R-2000) was alive with signals from the AM broadcast to WWV to 15M ham band.

Seriously thinking of trying this antenna out on the rx only input on the rig for ham work.

Instruction booklet is very helpful suggesting ways to configure it in many different types of high impedance antennas. Recommended for sure.

N8IL Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2013 16:25 Send this review to a friend
Great Experience!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ever since reading Devoldere's DXing book, I've wanted to install at least one beverage antenna. I finally got around to it and started looking for the components when I came across the BFS-1. I've been using it for over a month now and I have to say I wish I had done this much sooner! The kit made the installation painless. Checking the performance with 5 watts, the SWR was under 1.4:1 from 160M to 10M. The antenna has improved my receiving capabilities across all bands. It's instrumental in pulling weaker signal out of the noise. The experience encouraged me to purchase other DXE products. Thanks guys!
-Neil N8IL

N1JMS Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2008 17:57 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Works just as it should. I am antenna restricted but have managed to put up a few stelth antennas, however, my receive always suffers. I can xmit just fine, at legal limit if necessary, without bothering the neighbors. I installed my antenna at only about 42" above ground and it lit-up my receivers. Works ok on 20, good on 40, very good on 80. On 160 it works excellent. I have 4 other antennas & usually can't hear anything, on this beverage 160 signals are at 5-9+++. Very quiet too.