Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | CUSHCRAFT 1483S - 2M Yagi Help

Reviews Summary for CUSHCRAFT 1483S - 2M Yagi
CUSHCRAFT 1483S - 2M Yagi Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $59.95
Description: This antenna is one of the newest computer optimized models of our 2 meter Yagis. We have improved both the pattern and gain to give you better FM coverage. The A1483S is the low priced leader for Packet, FM or even portable use. It is easily rear mounted.

Model A1483S
3dB Beamwidth, Degrees E-Plane 66
3dB Beamwidth, Degrees H-Plane 108
Boom Lenght ft.(m) 2.8(.85)
Forward Gain, dBi 7.8
Frequency, MHz 144-148
Longest Element in(cm) 41(104.1)
Mast size range, in.(cm) 1.25-2(3.2-5.1)
No. Elements 3
Power Rating, Watts PEP 1000
SWR 1.2:1 Typical 2:1 Bandwidth, MHz >5
Turning Radius ft(m) 2.8(.8)
Weight, lb(kg) 1.5(.7)
Wind load ft (m) sq .27(.02)

More info: http://www.cushcraftamateur.com/

You can write your own review of the CUSHCRAFT 1483S - 2M Yagi.

KB0VOY Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2013 19:33 Send this review to a friend
1000% better than MFJ  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got this for my birth day from a dear radio friend. He came to my QTH to help me with a MFJ piece of junk I have had for a over a year that would not tune under 6.1 swr. After 2 hours of trying every thing and some new magic words it still would not tune. Had sent it back to MFJ right after I got it. The usual MFJ, who are you, who did you talk to, we lost it, I will get back to you/ never happened. MFJ sent same sick antenna back the way it went to them, JUNK! My radio buddy went to his car and said I have a 100% fix to this problem guaranteed. He was right. He pulled out this new in the box CUSHCRAFT 1483S - 2M Yagi. It went right together with parts left over. We marked the tuning slide per instructions. 1.3 in all the band I ever use. I have a 13b2 cushcraft that I love. This small one is going up to northern Minnesota in a deer shack. Thanks Cushraft, thanks KB0WAP. Shame on you MFJ

VA3MLV Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2011 20:54 Send this review to a friend
works great  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Have had it for about a year know, got it mounted halfway up the tower pointing south, use it daily and it has a good swr across the band. No problems with it but i would like to put it on a rotor. works really well even mounted the way i have it. 73 Happy Holidays.

KE4TQ Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2008 17:59 Send this review to a friend
Heavy duty components, flat SWR across the ENTIRE band..  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Thank you Gamma match. Easy to set up.. Just follow instructions on the length to set the Gamma match. 1.1 across the ENTIRE band.. Solid construction with aircraft AL and SS.