Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | CW Touchkeyer Model P1 Help

Reviews Summary for CW Touchkeyer Model P1
CW Touchkeyer Model P1 Reviews: 98 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $$95
Description: Touch Paddle and Electronic Keyer
More info: http://www.cwtouchkeyer.com

You can write your own review of the CW Touchkeyer Model P1.

ON6KE Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2016 03:02 Send this review to a friend
Awesome  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using this paddle like what now 3-4 years and have but 1 word for it, awesome.
I adapted from a Bencher to the Touchkeyer in a matter of a minutes. I have less keying errors and I'm much more at ease keying, and that's what it is ALL about.

To top it of, this paddle adds to the fun of CW operating.

73, good DX.
Gust ON6KE - ON7QRP

AD4DX Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2015 11:11 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used many keys and paddles over my 30 years in ham radio. I prefer close spacing and light spring touch. However, I could never quite get the feel I wanted. Then, I discovered Summers touch paddle. Problem solved. The silky touch is fantastic. No springs, no clicks. All my other keys and paddles are gathering dust on the shelf. As for customer support, Summers is 100%. Help is readily aailable if you have problems.

KA5QMA Rating: 5/5 Jul 1, 2015 21:17 Send this review to a friend
Love it  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
What can I say that hasn't been said?
This thing is sweet! Great keyer. Superior service that I can't praise enough. Sumner is a real gent!
I've used all manner of keys, bugs, paddles, and keyers over 32 years and I don't imagine I'll be going back after using the touch keyer. It is just the slickest way to generate morse code. Thanks to Sumner for including the Ultimatic mode, my favorite! Easy transition from Vibroplex paddles and rig's internal keyer to the touch paddle keyer.
It could be a little heavier I guess; I managed to push it around a little at first, but a little spit on each of the rubber feet got it securely stuck to my desk when dried, ha ha.
Many thanks to Sumner for a great product and great customer service.

KK4BNC Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2015 14:46 Send this review to a friend
Top-notch   Time owned: more than 12 months
Top-notch paddle, superior customer support! Great for the shack, sturdy enough for use in the field. Highly recommended.

TA1L Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2015 10:42 Send this review to a friend
Great paddles; no adjustment, no noise, no maintenance, no probl  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have used many keys and paddles in the last 40 years. 2 weeks ago, I bought some other from a ham radio dropout. I thought all my key and paddle demand is covered for the next couple of years. But it was very wrong indeed. The Kent and Bencher paddles, which I bought from the dropout ham are beautiful, pieces of art, but I like a paddle with very narrow spacing, no distracting noise and light spring tensions. I made every possible adjustments on them but I didnít get satisfied. I think Sumner's Touchkeyer spoiled my taste :-), with which I also made 2014 CQ WW CW Contest, with a good score for QRP-all band-assisted. I am now buying another Touchkeyer from Sumner for the next CW contest.
Ercan TA1L

KD2ALV Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2014 14:56 Send this review to a friend
Revived my interest in Ham Radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I give Sumner and the P1BSW a 5+. Let me explain, I am relatively new to Ham Radio. I live most of the year outside the USA and feel rather isolated when it comes to Ham Radio. At the ARRL Centennial I met Sumner and bought the P1BSW keyer. I began practicing CW when my wife and kids asked me to lower the volume. I opened up the box and lowered the volume. Then realizing that I was using my left hand to key and the right hand to write I had to reverse paddle mode. This was not so straight forward and I called Sumner and sent him a couple of emails. Within the hour he calls me and walks me through the straight forward and elegant process.
About the keyer, I could only say that it is versatile and a lot a fun to use. I hope to do my first QSO QRP this weekend, wish me luck!
I do not hesitate to give both Sumner and his baby the CW Touchkeyer P1BSW my highest recommendation. You will wonder why others pay more for a keyer.

Daniel
kd2alv
hk3dc

W4WON Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2014 11:00 Send this review to a friend
Keying Excellence  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sumner,

Just wanted to thank you for the fine keyer I recently purchased from you. The design and build quality is great, and the keyer's performance is nothing short of outstanding. I am so happy to have found the reviews for it on e-ham. It has become a point of contention in our club, because everyone wants to use it, and when they get on the air with it, they don't want to relinquish it to their fellow hams! Quite the spectacle. Needless to say, we will be ordering more!

Thanks again for the great product and customer service.

-73
Robert Wallace
W4WON

K1WB Rating: 5/5 Jul 20, 2014 09:36 Send this review to a friend
Great CW Keyer/Paddle  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been "pounding brass" since 1956 using everything from straight keys, bugs to expensive mechanical paddles. I bought a P1 Touch Paddle Keyer about 4 years ago and it's the best yet.

The feel of the touch paddles is great.
The keyer is full functioned and the instructions are easy to understand.
I've had no need to adjust the paddles (like you do with mechanical paddles) in 4 years.

KF9RM Rating: 5/5 Jun 8, 2014 14:06 Send this review to a friend
Best Keyer at Dayton for the Money  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I tried them all. At least I thought I did. I almost left Dayton without seeing or knowing about the CW Touchkeyer. I touched every keyer and wanted the Begali mono paddle. But at that price, it should come with his daughter and a lifetime dowry.

So I was buying a few connectors and made a comment about how I wanted the Begali at the next table and how I tried every keyer and nothing compared to the Begali. So I was going home to my worn BY-2.

Then I was told, try this CW Touchkeyer. I said that I have them all in my hand but yours. Then I realized that did not sound good.

Well the CW Tocuhkeyer is amazing. It has such a great feel and response. I immediately bought one and love it. It replaced my aging BY-2. I bought the P1-BSW and can take it upstairs and practice sending in addition to keying the rig.

Just a great paddle. Very feature rich, too. It can even tell me what speed it is sending at in CW.

I will own a Begali some day (I hope), but again, I tried every paddle at Dayton and could not bring myself to purchase any of them after using thhe Begali except for the CW Touchkeyer.

And to think, I almost totally missed it. I am so glad I saw and tried this paddle and have zero regrets about this purchase. Highly recommended.

Owner is a great guy, too. Great service and will answer any and all questions with a smile.

N6BIZ Rating: 2/5 May 30, 2014 12:52 Send this review to a friend
FRUSTRATED!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
A NICE IDEA ...
PLENTY OF WEIGHT...
TAKES GETTING USED TO...
THE RED FUNCTION BUTTON NEEDS TO BE ON TOP, NOT THE REAR...
THE MANUAL-BAD ... THIS GUY SHOULD TAKE A LOOK AT THE IDIOM PRESS CMOS4 MANUAL, SIMPLE TO USE, ALMOST AN INSTINCT ITS EASY TO UNDERSTAND AND USE OLD MAN!!! NOT LIKE YOURS ...
AFTER ALL THESE YEARS I STILL CANT GET THIS KEYER TO WORK ...IT WONT EVEN DO A FULL RESET... BACK ON THE SHELF IT GOES... IM DONE WITH IT ...