Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | CW Touchkeyer Model P1 Help

Reviews Summary for CW Touchkeyer Model P1
CW Touchkeyer Model P1 Reviews: 91 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $$95
Description: Touch Paddle and Electronic Keyer
More info: http://www.cwtouchkeyer.com

You can write your own review of the CW Touchkeyer Model P1.

K1WB Rating: 5/5 Jul 20, 2014 09:36 Send this review to a friend
Great CW Keyer/Paddle  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been "pounding brass" since 1956 using everything from straight keys, bugs to expensive mechanical paddles. I bought a P1 Touch Paddle Keyer about 4 years ago and it's the best yet.

The feel of the touch paddles is great.
The keyer is full functioned and the instructions are easy to understand.
I've had no need to adjust the paddles (like you do with mechanical paddles) in 4 years.

KF9RM Rating: 5/5 Jun 8, 2014 14:06 Send this review to a friend
Best Keyer at Dayton for the Money  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I tried them all. At least I thought I did. I almost left Dayton without seeing or knowing about the CW Touchkeyer. I touched every keyer and wanted the Begali mono paddle. But at that price, it should come with his daughter and a lifetime dowry.

So I was buying a few connectors and made a comment about how I wanted the Begali at the next table and how I tried every keyer and nothing compared to the Begali. So I was going home to my worn BY-2.

Then I was told, try this CW Touchkeyer. I said that I have them all in my hand but yours. Then I realized that did not sound good.

Well the CW Tocuhkeyer is amazing. It has such a great feel and response. I immediately bought one and love it. It replaced my aging BY-2. I bought the P1-BSW and can take it upstairs and practice sending in addition to keying the rig.

Just a great paddle. Very feature rich, too. It can even tell me what speed it is sending at in CW.

I will own a Begali some day (I hope), but again, I tried every paddle at Dayton and could not bring myself to purchase any of them after using thhe Begali except for the CW Touchkeyer.

And to think, I almost totally missed it. I am so glad I saw and tried this paddle and have zero regrets about this purchase. Highly recommended.

Owner is a great guy, too. Great service and will answer any and all questions with a smile.

N6BIZ Rating: 2/5 May 30, 2014 12:52 Send this review to a friend
FRUSTRATED!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
A NICE IDEA ...
PLENTY OF WEIGHT...
TAKES GETTING USED TO...
THE RED FUNCTION BUTTON NEEDS TO BE ON TOP, NOT THE REAR...
THE MANUAL-BAD ... THIS GUY SHOULD TAKE A LOOK AT THE IDIOM PRESS CMOS4 MANUAL, SIMPLE TO USE, ALMOST AN INSTINCT ITS EASY TO UNDERSTAND AND USE OLD MAN!!! NOT LIKE YOURS ...
AFTER ALL THESE YEARS I STILL CANT GET THIS KEYER TO WORK ...IT WONT EVEN DO A FULL RESET... BACK ON THE SHELF IT GOES... IM DONE WITH IT ...

VO1OT Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2014 14:19 Send this review to a friend
Great product, Excellent Service~  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Experienced a minor problem with the Model P1 Touchkeyer,but it was later determined it was a result of 'me' not properly reading the manual" Called Sumner, and he instructed me to send it back for a 're-check' and a re-examination. Found him to be very obliging' and a 'real gentleman' to deal with. Afterwards, returned the keyer (at no charge) with a clean bill of health. I strongly recommend the CW Touchkeyer as it is a joy to use, and can attest that Sumner, ..not only stands behind his product, but also takes good care in looking after his clients once they have made a purchase....
Great product, great price & great service.~

VO1OT ~ Gander, Newfoundland

VE3WBE Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2014 06:26 Send this review to a friend
Excellent keyer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been working on improving and using my Morse code and after talking to owners and reading the reviews I bought this keyer. There was a minor start-up glitch that was resolved quickly and graciously with a phone call and this keyer is a treat to use.
Excellent product and great people.

K8PX Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2014 07:39 Send this review to a friend
Best in 55 yrs on cw   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I gave this paddle/keyer /service a 5 .........
I find the paddle to be less stress on long qso's
of 2 to 3 hr rag chews on the bands .

Sumner is there if something isn't as it should be
I have the keyer/paddle with speaker
I wish I would have ordered the battery saver.

I bought the begali (great)that sits next to the rig
100% toucher /cw Now!

Nu5x sent me the ARRL toucher and I was hooked on
the toucher paddle.

CW touch keyer from Sumner WA1JOS is the Cadillac.

73 John K8PX

VE3DWI Rating: 5/5 Jun 25, 2013 11:59 Send this review to a friend
P1 with automatic shut down  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

I purchased the "CW touch keyer" at Dayton 2013 and after trying it out at home I found it was draining the battery too fast. After contacting Sumner he immediately shipped me a new one which performed flawlessly. How about that for service. I'm very happy with the new keyer and it's the only one on my station desk. Thanks Sumner. Regards.

Tony VE3DWI.

ZL2AIM Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2013 17:12 Send this review to a friend
Takes a while to get used to!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It took a while to get used to a touch paddle after using a Vibroplex / Palm / Bencher / Galbraith combination. I send at about 28 wpm and when using the Touch Paddle I found I was sending an extra dit at times. However, like anything new, it takes practice. Two days of practice and I now transmit with it with only the odd extra dit.
I bought the P1BSW (that's the one with the battery saver built in) and I use it with the internal 9v battery.
It did take me a while to master the menus. Like most hams, I just plugged it in and played. That was a mistake. It takes time to read through the manual and to learn all the ins and outs of the various menues. A mail to Sumner sorted out my mistakes. It's all there in the manual but you do need to study it well.
The keyer arrived well packaged and a nice touch was the bag of various plugs - one external power plug plus 3 stereo plugs.
It has a lot of weight added to the bottom of the box so it does not slide around the table.
All in all good value for money, but be prepared to read the manual in depth before playing with it! Ian ZL2AIM

K2NCC Rating: 5/5 May 16, 2013 08:37 Send this review to a friend
Great paddles, zero problems  Time owned: more than 12 months
I can't say anything that 80+ other reviews didn't cover. But I will say these are my favorite. If you can overcome the need to rest your fingers on the device, you won't have any issues adopting. I think you'll be glad you did.

W6JMP Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2013 14:11 Send this review to a friend
Even Better Than I expecteded  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The mailman delivered my new keyer while I was right in the middle of the NAQP. I stopped contesting opened the box, put in the 9 volt battery, plugged the new keyer into my k3, made no adjustments to the keyer and within minutes I was back in the contest using my new P1. I think that says it all.

The keyer worked great with just the factory settings. After a few weeks I still haven't made any adjustments.

I had zero learning curve and find that my fatigue level on long qsos is no longer an issue.

My very expensive mechanical paddles now have a nice place in my display case.