Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | CW Touchkeyer Model P1 Help

Reviews Summary for CW Touchkeyer Model P1
CW Touchkeyer Model P1 Reviews: 98 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $$95
Description: Touch Paddle and Electronic Keyer
More info: http://www.cwtouchkeyer.com

You can write your own review of the CW Touchkeyer Model P1.

VO1OT Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2014 14:19 Send this review to a friend
Great product, Excellent Service~  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Experienced a minor problem with the Model P1 Touchkeyer,but it was later determined it was a result of 'me' not properly reading the manual" Called Sumner, and he instructed me to send it back for a 're-check' and a re-examination. Found him to be very obliging' and a 'real gentleman' to deal with. Afterwards, returned the keyer (at no charge) with a clean bill of health. I strongly recommend the CW Touchkeyer as it is a joy to use, and can attest that Sumner, ..not only stands behind his product, but also takes good care in looking after his clients once they have made a purchase....
Great product, great price & great service.~

VO1OT ~ Gander, Newfoundland

VE3WBE Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2014 06:26 Send this review to a friend
Excellent keyer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been working on improving and using my Morse code and after talking to owners and reading the reviews I bought this keyer. There was a minor start-up glitch that was resolved quickly and graciously with a phone call and this keyer is a treat to use.
Excellent product and great people.

K8PX Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2014 07:39 Send this review to a friend
Best in 55 yrs on cw   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I gave this paddle/keyer /service a 5 .........
I find the paddle to be less stress on long qso's
of 2 to 3 hr rag chews on the bands .

Sumner is there if something isn't as it should be
I have the keyer/paddle with speaker
I wish I would have ordered the battery saver.

I bought the begali (great)that sits next to the rig
100% toucher /cw Now!

Nu5x sent me the ARRL toucher and I was hooked on
the toucher paddle.

CW touch keyer from Sumner WA1JOS is the Cadillac.

73 John K8PX

VE3DWI Rating: 5/5 Jun 25, 2013 11:59 Send this review to a friend
P1 with automatic shut down  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

I purchased the "CW touch keyer" at Dayton 2013 and after trying it out at home I found it was draining the battery too fast. After contacting Sumner he immediately shipped me a new one which performed flawlessly. How about that for service. I'm very happy with the new keyer and it's the only one on my station desk. Thanks Sumner. Regards.

Tony VE3DWI.

ZL2AIM Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2013 17:12 Send this review to a friend
Takes a while to get used to!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It took a while to get used to a touch paddle after using a Vibroplex / Palm / Bencher / Galbraith combination. I send at about 28 wpm and when using the Touch Paddle I found I was sending an extra dit at times. However, like anything new, it takes practice. Two days of practice and I now transmit with it with only the odd extra dit.
I bought the P1BSW (that's the one with the battery saver built in) and I use it with the internal 9v battery.
It did take me a while to master the menus. Like most hams, I just plugged it in and played. That was a mistake. It takes time to read through the manual and to learn all the ins and outs of the various menues. A mail to Sumner sorted out my mistakes. It's all there in the manual but you do need to study it well.
The keyer arrived well packaged and a nice touch was the bag of various plugs - one external power plug plus 3 stereo plugs.
It has a lot of weight added to the bottom of the box so it does not slide around the table.
All in all good value for money, but be prepared to read the manual in depth before playing with it! Ian ZL2AIM

K2NCC Rating: 5/5 May 16, 2013 08:37 Send this review to a friend
Great paddles, zero problems  Time owned: more than 12 months
I can't say anything that 80+ other reviews didn't cover. But I will say these are my favorite. If you can overcome the need to rest your fingers on the device, you won't have any issues adopting. I think you'll be glad you did.

W6JMP Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2013 14:11 Send this review to a friend
Even Better Than I expecteded  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The mailman delivered my new keyer while I was right in the middle of the NAQP. I stopped contesting opened the box, put in the 9 volt battery, plugged the new keyer into my k3, made no adjustments to the keyer and within minutes I was back in the contest using my new P1. I think that says it all.

The keyer worked great with just the factory settings. After a few weeks I still haven't made any adjustments.

I had zero learning curve and find that my fatigue level on long qsos is no longer an issue.

My very expensive mechanical paddles now have a nice place in my display case.

WA6MOW Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2013 20:24 Send this review to a friend
Simple and Reliable.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
It is real bargain. Great for travel and camping with no moving parts and it is very well built. A very unique concept that works. The paddle takes getting used as the slightest touch activates it. If you use a paddle with a light touch this paddle is for you. Not recommended for the folks who like wide spacing or tight spring tensions.

W1XV Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2012 12:10 Send this review to a friend
FB product  Time owned: more than 12 months
The P1 was the answer to my futile attempts with paddles. I now feel confident when sending CW via the P1. It's smooth and just requires a touch as its name implies.

The service is outstanding. I purchased the P1 from Sumner himself at Nearfest (Deerfield, NH) 2 years ago. Recently the dash paddle simply wouldn't work. An email to Sumner stating my problem was quickly answered. He said to simply send the P1 to him and he'd repair it at no cost even though it wasn't under warranty. The turn-around time was about 9 days and the P1 now works like a charm. What more could one ask?

If you're having trouble with regular paddles, the P1 coud just be the solution!! Try it, you'll like it.
Tnx for a great product, Sumner.

Brad W1XV

G5VZ Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2012 02:35 Send this review to a friend
Great! And a lot of fun  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My P1 arrived from across the Atlantic Ocean quickly and well-packaged. When I unpacked it I was pleasantly surprised to find a small packet containing all the jack connectors I'd need to get the keyer working - a nice touch!
The keyer is well-built - sturdy and solid - is a good weight for a keyer and the feet grip well, too.
Controls are self-explanatory and the user manual (12 pages long!) is comprehensive, written in good plain English and accurate.
In use the keyer is responsive and crisp - I can't think of anything negative to say about the keying. It does exactly what it says on the box.
I truly do enjoy owning this touch keyer. Thanks, Sumner!