Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | CW Touchkeyer Model P1 Help

Reviews Summary for CW Touchkeyer Model P1
CW Touchkeyer Model P1 Reviews: 93 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $$95
Description: Touch Paddle and Electronic Keyer
More info: http://www.cwtouchkeyer.com

You can write your own review of the CW Touchkeyer Model P1.

K2NCC Rating: 5/5 May 16, 2013 08:37 Send this review to a friend
Great paddles, zero problems  Time owned: more than 12 months
I can't say anything that 80+ other reviews didn't cover. But I will say these are my favorite. If you can overcome the need to rest your fingers on the device, you won't have any issues adopting. I think you'll be glad you did.

W6JMP Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2013 14:11 Send this review to a friend
Even Better Than I expecteded  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The mailman delivered my new keyer while I was right in the middle of the NAQP. I stopped contesting opened the box, put in the 9 volt battery, plugged the new keyer into my k3, made no adjustments to the keyer and within minutes I was back in the contest using my new P1. I think that says it all.

The keyer worked great with just the factory settings. After a few weeks I still haven't made any adjustments.

I had zero learning curve and find that my fatigue level on long qsos is no longer an issue.

My very expensive mechanical paddles now have a nice place in my display case.

WA6MOW Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2013 20:24 Send this review to a friend
Simple and Reliable.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
It is real bargain. Great for travel and camping with no moving parts and it is very well built. A very unique concept that works. The paddle takes getting used as the slightest touch activates it. If you use a paddle with a light touch this paddle is for you. Not recommended for the folks who like wide spacing or tight spring tensions.

W1XV Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2012 12:10 Send this review to a friend
FB product  Time owned: more than 12 months
The P1 was the answer to my futile attempts with paddles. I now feel confident when sending CW via the P1. It's smooth and just requires a touch as its name implies.

The service is outstanding. I purchased the P1 from Sumner himself at Nearfest (Deerfield, NH) 2 years ago. Recently the dash paddle simply wouldn't work. An email to Sumner stating my problem was quickly answered. He said to simply send the P1 to him and he'd repair it at no cost even though it wasn't under warranty. The turn-around time was about 9 days and the P1 now works like a charm. What more could one ask?

If you're having trouble with regular paddles, the P1 coud just be the solution!! Try it, you'll like it.
Tnx for a great product, Sumner.

Brad W1XV

G5VZ Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2012 02:35 Send this review to a friend
Great! And a lot of fun  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My P1 arrived from across the Atlantic Ocean quickly and well-packaged. When I unpacked it I was pleasantly surprised to find a small packet containing all the jack connectors I'd need to get the keyer working - a nice touch!
The keyer is well-built - sturdy and solid - is a good weight for a keyer and the feet grip well, too.
Controls are self-explanatory and the user manual (12 pages long!) is comprehensive, written in good plain English and accurate.
In use the keyer is responsive and crisp - I can't think of anything negative to say about the keying. It does exactly what it says on the box.
I truly do enjoy owning this touch keyer. Thanks, Sumner!

WA1JOS Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2012 11:12 Send this review to a friend
Very Happy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am pleased to report that the product and service I have received from CWTOUCHKEYER has been most satisfactory. The product works great! Until now I have used a mechanical iambic key pad and thought it suited me well. Now I know better. The touchkeyer is much better and is almost habit forming. There is something about the slight contact instead of the "crunch" of the mechanical key that makes one to continue the use. An excellent product. Also, I received superior service and followup when I upgraded to a larger model. All in all, a company that I have bookmarked for future reference and recommendations.

Barrett Clisby
W5BJC

VK4OC Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2012 18:12 Send this review to a friend
Arthritis Suffers And CW  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
G'day everyone,
I just received my P1W cw touch keyer in the post.
I sent an email to Sumner and found that the creator of this device had surgery and had been off work for 3 weeks. I hope you're feeling better and hope all goes much better for you in 2012.
What a surprise I got when I plugged a 9 volt battery into the circuit. Now with my Arthritis in both hands it is so easy to use this little keyer. And the best part is it is easily portable, battery or plug socket, the best of both worlds although the missus is not a fan,lol Thank you Sumner, for making me one happy customer, I can go back to my hobby of CW.
If you get pain in your hands from Arthritis and your interested in obtaining the cw touch paddle this is the site I went to.

73. see you on cw on my new keyer.
Dennis vk4oc

K2LS Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2012 16:03 Send this review to a friend
Good paddle -Great company  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After using a "Brown Brothers" paddle for about 40 years, I saw the P1 at Dayton.
After a short learning curve, I find this is the best paddle I have ever used. I have been using electronic keyers since the 1950's.

And, Sumner is very easy to deal with.

I'm impressed!

K5JYD Rating: 5/5 Dec 25, 2011 12:55 Send this review to a friend
great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Dropped a battery in it, switched the yaseu950 over to left handed sending and off to the races. Easy as pie to set up and use. First qso was on 12m into Maine with no screw ups .Below 20wpm I have to pay a little more attention to it but at 20 to 25wpm , smooth and slick. I think this will be the favorite paddle for me from now on.
K5jyd

WA4EQW Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2011 05:43 Send this review to a friend
Machine CW readers  Time owned: months
This is an update. Please be advised that this device is for true CW communicators. No code operators and hams who use machine or computer readers may have difficulty reading morse sent with the P1. Individuality of the operator can still be utilized with this device thank goodness. If you get complaints of missed characters or unknown characters, recognize the capability of the receiving operator and switch to your keyboard if you wish to continue the qso. 73 Pat. To me, it's still a 5 out of 5.