Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Yaesu FC-700 Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu FC-700
Yaesu FC-700 Reviews: 9 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $399.95
Description: Matching manual antenna tuner for the Yaesu FT-77 and FT-77S.

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FC-700.

VK2JEM Rating: 4/5 Jul 25, 2017 22:58 Send this review to a friend
yep its good  Time owned: more than 12 months
Does what it should. Tunes most anything.
Basic no frills tuner. Have had various different rigs and antennas on it.

Just.. works.. fine.

VK2ACD Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2016 19:35 Send this review to a friend
Golden oldie  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sold my first FC-700 and much later bought another one which turned out to have problems, unlike the first which was perfect. However I found the diodes were kaput, and replaced them along with the 8V to 12 volt mod, and fitted a short LED strip above the meter casing, as the globe had failed. Now it works A1 and will tune a wide range of antennas. The inside is immaculate, beautifully engineered, typical of Yaesu tuners of the era (I also have FC-102 1.2KW). For mobile or portable use, hard to go past for its toughness, quality and features.

N5XJT Rating: 5/5 Nov 9, 2015 08:19 Send this review to a friend
Great little tuner!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bought it used at a hamfest with some misgivings due to age. Connected it to my Yaesu FT-840 and was very pleased with the results. Will quickly tune my wire dipole to 1.5 or less on all bands 40 thru 10 plus it tunes 60 meters in the 40 meter switch position. A strange design that requires 8v to illuminate the meter and activate the dummy load but instructions to convert to 12v dc are in the owners manual which can be downloaded from the net. The FC-700 is well built and performs faster and better than I ever anticipated. I certainly recommend it.

VK2FANG Rating: 4/5 May 9, 2015 00:06 Send this review to a friend
Build up those muscles!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The FC-700 is a quality unit that operates without external power except if you want to use the internal dummy load and light up the meter.

I borrowed it because I wanted to tune up a homebrew antenna which my TS-2000 internal tuner couldn't match. What I've noticed though is that the Yaesu Musen tuner on any band, brings received signals in about 2 S-points better than my Kenwood's internal AT. I'm not sure if this is typical of all auto tuners or if it's the Kenwood internal tuner introducing loss. But it does seem to confirm how many people feel about internal tuners.

This is a manual tuner but it is a very good quality tuner that I think if you are given the opportunity to acquire cheaply, then don't think twice about it. The example I have is on long term loan. The owner won't sell it to me!

AB6ZE Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2013 03:15 Send this review to a friend
Good as apple pie  Time owned: more than 12 months
It's a nice little tuner, I am gald I bought it a long time ago. I've been using it on my trips to Europe lately and it is indispensable; it works with my four band vertical and a G5RV equally well. I just tuned up my 10-15-20-40m vertical on 17m(!) and was able to make contact with UR3IF in Ukraine from Budapest, I got 57!. The only trouble I had with it recently that the band switch contacts got soiled, but with alcohol soaked q-tips I solved the problem. I wouldn't sell it for $400! ab6ze

G6ATJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2010 10:13 Send this review to a friend
Does the job of matching  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought this at the Plymouth (UK!) radio rally, second hand. I am fairly new to HF (<2 months operation experience) and like to build aerials. I therefore needed something to assist the Auto ATU in my Kenwood TS-480 (which could NOT cope with my non-scientific attempts at aerial design).
Happily, it is matching all of the random efforts I have put up in the garden...well it keeps the 480 from complaining. It also appears to tune a Sandpiper MV6 onto the WARC bands.
I WAS going to buy (new) an MFJ tuner but was put off by the negative reviews about some that companys products. I realise that they can't be ALL bad....but knowing my luck I'd get something that wasn't 100%.

KB9TMP Rating: 4/5 Mar 17, 2010 13:04 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bought this used from R&L and this tuner is really nice. Tunes all my 'junky' homebrew antennas. It won't tune 160m or 6m, BUT it will tune 60m perfect using the 40m band setting. The only problem is the meter lights are burned out and they are built into the meter. When it bothers me enough I will just add a couple of LEDs pointing in from the outside. If you can find a used one buy it instead of that (M)ighty (F)ine (J)unk that's out there.
73 de KB9TMP

KC0SDV Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2008 11:06 Send this review to a friend
WORKS GREAT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased from original owner along with a Yaesu 757. Works great....I use an MFJ 259B ananalyzer to tune the antenna...works great with the tuner. SWR on most bands is 1.2 or less.

VK3FBKS Rating: 5/5 Aug 4, 2007 04:40 Send this review to a friend
VK3FBKS Great ATU  Time owned: more than 12 months
Yaesu FC-700 Matches my FT77 Yaesu Radio.
The power from the tuner is from the radio 8v
to light up the meter and to work the Dummy Load
The ATU works Great to bring down my 80m Dipole and my OCF Windom on all Bands even 10 Meters
to SWR of about 1.1 to 1.5.