Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Yaesu FC-700 Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu FC-700
Yaesu FC-700 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $399.95
Description: Matching manual antenna tuner for the Yaesu FT-77 and FT-77S.

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FC-700.

AB6ZE Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2013 03:15 Send this review to a friend
Good as apple pie  Time owned: more than 12 months
It's a nice little tuner, I am gald I bought it a long time ago. I've been using it on my trips to Europe lately and it is indispensable; it works with my four band vertical and a G5RV equally well. I just tuned up my 10-15-20-40m vertical on 17m(!) and was able to make contact with UR3IF in Ukraine from Budapest, I got 57!. The only trouble I had with it recently that the band switch contacts got soiled, but with alcohol soaked q-tips I solved the problem. I wouldn't sell it for $400! ab6ze

G6ATJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2010 10:13 Send this review to a friend
Does the job of matching  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought this at the Plymouth (UK!) radio rally, second hand. I am fairly new to HF (<2 months operation experience) and like to build aerials. I therefore needed something to assist the Auto ATU in my Kenwood TS-480 (which could NOT cope with my non-scientific attempts at aerial design).
Happily, it is matching all of the random efforts I have put up in the garden...well it keeps the 480 from complaining. It also appears to tune a Sandpiper MV6 onto the WARC bands.
I WAS going to buy (new) an MFJ tuner but was put off by the negative reviews about some that companys products. I realise that they can't be ALL bad....but knowing my luck I'd get something that wasn't 100%.

KB9TMP Rating: 4/5 Mar 17, 2010 13:04 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bought this used from R&L and this tuner is really nice. Tunes all my 'junky' homebrew antennas. It won't tune 160m or 6m, BUT it will tune 60m perfect using the 40m band setting. The only problem is the meter lights are burned out and they are built into the meter. When it bothers me enough I will just add a couple of LEDs pointing in from the outside. If you can find a used one buy it instead of that (M)ighty (F)ine (J)unk that's out there.
73 de KB9TMP

KC0SDV Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2008 11:06 Send this review to a friend
WORKS GREAT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased from original owner along with a Yaesu 757. Works great....I use an MFJ 259B ananalyzer to tune the antenna...works great with the tuner. SWR on most bands is 1.2 or less.

VK3FBKS Rating: 5/5 Aug 4, 2007 04:40 Send this review to a friend
VK3FBKS Great ATU  Time owned: more than 12 months
Yaesu FC-700 Matches my FT77 Yaesu Radio.
The power from the tuner is from the radio 8v
to light up the meter and to work the Dummy Load
The ATU works Great to bring down my 80m Dipole and my OCF Windom on all Bands even 10 Meters
to SWR of about 1.1 to 1.5.