Reviews Categories | Keyers & CW Keyboards | Vectronics VEC-221 Help

Reviews Summary for Vectronics VEC-221
Vectronics VEC-221 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 2.4/5 MSRP: $69.95
Description: CW Memory Keyer Kit
(Web site missing—add URL)

You can write your own review of the Vectronics VEC-221.

K3MD Rating: 4/5 Jun 9, 2009 11:40 Send this review to a friend
Works well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Easy to assemble. Has built-in self test that told me I had a solder bridge on the dash paddle. Sends good CW. Menu intuitive. Good value for price.

AD5UU Rating: 4/5 Jun 21, 2006 04:09 Send this review to a friend
Decent Keyer  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Easy to build. Works fine. Have not had any rf problems. I use it with a 9v battery eliminator (wall wart). In comparison to updated keyers (cmos) it does lack in message stacking and speed adjustment (you have to key it after you change the speed). It makes up for this with no rf problems and large easy to push buttons. I did have to call vectronics (mfj) after I built it. I had to replace some jumpers with resistors, no big deal, they even offered to ship them to me at NO COST. I will admit, i only paid about $30 for the kit and case, I don't know if the local radio shop had it mismarked or close out, but I'm not complaining.

WA3ELQ Rating: 0/5 May 20, 2004 09:59 Send this review to a friend
Not worth the money or effort  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
While the kit is easy to build and the instructions are clear, the completed kit did not work - defective parts. Since there is no guarantee the cost of shipping/service/parts hardly seems worthwhile. I have purchased another keyer and added the VEC-221 to my junk box.

W1NRA Rating: 0/5 Jun 17, 2002 23:02 Send this review to a friend
Kit bad service even worse.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been in electronics since high school so thought this would be a fun kit to build to run a ten meter beacon station. I've built a lot of kits including a Heathkit color television...
Well after assembling the kit it indicated a failure after initial message was correct. I called the customer service number for Vectronics and got no help at all. Answers like "I don't have a schematic and could be anything wrong" but no assistance in checking it out at all. I will have to send it back to them for sure but don't think I'll EVER but anything else from them. DON'T EVEN EXPECT ANY ASSISTANCE AS A CALL IS A WASTE OF TIME.

VE7BGP Rating: 4/5 Feb 18, 2000 17:53 Send this review to a friend
Great Keyer Kit !  Time owned: unknown months
This is a great little memory keyer kit. It is easy and fun to put together. Good quality board easy to solder. I also like the heavy metal cabinant avaible for this keyer a lot are plastic these days! The keyer is easy to program and use the non volitale memories. It is a lot of fun to use on the air and Great sounding cw. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is the oddball 3.5 mm jack for the paddles it should have been the standard 1/4 inch so everyone in the contest can bring their own paddles and use this great keyer.