Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Astron RM-50M Help

Reviews Summary for Astron RM-50M
Reviews: 13 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $250.00
Description: Astron linear power supply with separate volt and amp meters.
More info: http://www.astroncorp.com/linear.shtml

You can write your own review of the Astron RM-50M.

KG8Q Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2007 21:11 Send this review to a friend
Has never missed a beat  Time owned: more than 12 months
Very solid rackmount supply which I have installed in a 19" rack .Trips out the breaker when I turn it on with virtually no load on it . It could be I have a breaker going soft though. I just leave it on ,problem solved ! Never works up a sweat no matter what I've thrown at it (car audio amps \radio equip etc)

KE7FZO Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2006 02:39 Send this review to a friend
Here's the Beef!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
It would appear this is a relatively un-remarkable, moderately priced 50 amp rated power supply. There are no fancy bar graphs, nor even a single chorus of a Broadway hit when you power it up. Yet, so far, it has proven it is clean running silent provider that is willing to power nearly anything from imported 12VDC linears, science projects, or even a cigarette lighter(sorry, no outlet provided)without even breaking a sweat.
Using a quality VOM, I found the voltage meter slightly overzealous in reporting - 13.00vdc on the RM-50M meter is closer to 12.72vdc in actuality. The amperage meter of the unit stayed +/- 5% over the entire scale of usage. Over all this is a smooth, strongly built pleasure to own. I look forward to lugging it around for many years of hopefully long and care free operation, because it's not going anyplace and heck its good exercise.
I did save the best for last, as this unit is American made!!!
73's

N2FDU Rating: 4/5 Aug 22, 2005 11:43 Send this review to a friend
A real workhorse  Time owned: more than 12 months
Heavy and unwieldy, but worth the expense and effort. We've had one in service for almost 15 years powering our UHF repeater system. Only one component failure to date; a rectifier that was easily replaced. If reliability is a concern, buy one of these battleships!

If you live or work in the New York City area, feel free to work our repeater on 448.875 MHz, CTCSS 151.4 Hz. Call sign is W2UHF.