Reviews Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF models) | Heathkit HW-32 Help

Reviews Summary for Heathkit HW-32
Heathkit HW-32 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 20 Meter SSB Transceiver

You can write your own review of the Heathkit HW-32.

AE5NI Rating: 4/5 Oct 10, 2009 08:30 Send this review to a friend
All time value  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have one of these which I have owned since the 1960's. Mine got damaged during my last move, but lucky for me, these radios are simple to work on, unlike most around today. They are simple to use also. One of their best known features is a quite yet sensitive receiver, they were designed for mobile use with the appropriate power supply, I only have the HP-23 which is for household AC. The transmitter is strong and easily powers with most around today and reports are always good. No frills, no DSP, audio processor, or special filters, USB only. I don't think it even came with a microphone, no built in speaker. Inexpensive way to get on SSB and quite capable in it's basic way, beauty in simplicity.

AC7CW Rating: 4/5 Aug 24, 2006 20:54 Send this review to a friend
A fun rig!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I had my HW-32 on the air in 1989 feeding an inverted vee up 32 feet. I bought the rig used. It was in only fair shape but I cleaned it up and got it on the air with no problems. The rig is simple to operate and transmit power is an awesome 200 watts. At that level of power the sweep tube final was straining but it kept on running. Audio reports were always above average. I never compared it directly to another rig, all I know is I had some fun with it, never had TVI complaints and I could always work into South America and even worked a station in the Antarctic once. I rated it above average because of it's audio quality, high power output, simplicity of use, low cost, reliability, and general "usage fun".