Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Larsen NMO-150 Help

Reviews Summary for Larsen NMO-150
Larsen NMO-150 Reviews: 25 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $35 (Street Value)
Description: NMO 150 (2m)
Frequency: 144-174 MHz
Gain: 3dBd / 5.2dBi
Electrical: 5/8 wave
Height: 49"
Power Rating: 200 Watts
More info: http://www.radialllarsen.com

You can write your own review of the Larsen NMO-150.

KE5AST Rating: 5/5 Jun 16, 2017 13:39 Send this review to a friend
It's had a long run  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this antenna in 2005 and drilled a hole in the roof of my truck to install it. I went with a whip instead of a better gain aluminum antenna because I drive through the pasture a lot. I have dragged this antenna through every tree on the property and every fast food drive through I have gone through and it has worked flawless through it all. 12 years of extreme punishment and it still runs 100 watts out of the truck like it was new. I definitely recommend it.

N5KDA Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2017 12:32 Send this review to a friend
Better than the 7/8 wave MFJ-1432  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Below is my review of the MFJ-1432 7/8 wave.

I noticed a few local hams could access the local repeater from the next big town about 60 miles to my East, but I couldn't. They were using 5/8 wave antennas at about the same power level 50 to 60 watts. The other day I made the trip again but I took along a new Larsen 150 5/8 wave antenna. When I got to the point where I was very noisy into the repeater I swapped from the 7/8 wave MFJ to the 5/8 wave Larsen. Bam, I was back into the repeater without noise. It didn't start to get noisy for another 10 miles. The MFJ 1432 is dual band where the Larsen is not but we don't have a local 440 repeater anyway. This antenna does not have the gain MFJ says it does of a 3 dB gain 5/8 wave would have less signal not more.

KI4ODO Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2016 10:27 Send this review to a friend
Looks stock on my Sierra!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just installed the NMO-150BK on my 2015 Sierra yesterday. I used an L bracket mount on the side of the truck's tool box. I must say I was surprised how "stock" the antenna looks. The black antenna looks like a slightly larger verson of my stereo antenna. I did have to trim a couple of inches off to find a happy place mid band, but no big deal. I used bold cutters and it snips off pretty cleanly. I would have given it a lower rating for not being very wide banded, but I think that may have something to do with my indevidual set up. Im happy with the performance and ease of tuning by a few simple snips. My advice is to trim small amounts at a time. 1/4 to a max of 1/2 inch at a time. You can't put it back on. I would highly recommend this antenna for 2 meter.

KC7YRA Rating: 5/5 Jun 11, 2016 16:45 Send this review to a friend
The finest VHF mobile antenna available  Time owned: more than 12 months
These are and will most likely be the best mobile VHF antennas available. From super rugged reliability to awesome performance, there is nothing that can touch these antennas.

W4SEX Rating: 5/5 Oct 21, 2015 18:02 Send this review to a friend
Great strong audio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I heard two people with the clearest signals on our repeater and asked both what antenna they were using. I now get the same question as to what antenna I'm using. I could not ask for a better antenna.

W8NIC Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2015 07:41 Send this review to a friend
What can I say..........  Time owned: more than 12 months
it's old, it's simple and it WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

W5KVV Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2015 00:01 Send this review to a friend
One of the best  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had so many 150's I've lost count. Some bought new, some dug out of the trash. All worked like they're supposed to. Good antennas, very rugged & well built. Not to mention you can find them dirt cheap (or free). Win-Win.

VE6DO Rating: 5/5 Sep 6, 2012 21:56 Send this review to a friend
Excellent   Time owned: more than 12 months
I have tried several different antenna on my Yaesu FT-2900R .. and have found that the 2M Larsen NMO-150 when tuned for minimum swr just works and works and works. I have been very happy with it. I first had the antenna on my vehicle and it was better than any other antenna that I tried. I tried a comet antenna and some chinese knockoff, but found that the Larsen just outperformed them all. So .. after getting a dual band radio in the car, I needed a new antenna. So I went with a Larsen 2/70. It works just fine .. so what to do with the Larsen 150 ? I took it off and now use it on my balcony and I can hit repeaters that the comet etc just couldn't do. So .. it is staying on my balcony where it continues to work wonders.

KK4IKO Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2012 04:15 Send this review to a friend
Excellent mobile antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My first foray into ham radio, so I didn't know what to expect. I installed the antenna in the roof of my old Cherokee, with the standard NMO mount and cable. Went up on the Blue Ridge Parkway to 5500'...first contacts were some folks over 100 miles away, on a repeater that was around 80 miles away. I'm in a tight little mountain valley, but can pick up at least one repeater 20 miles away. Very satisfied, indeed.

KB1PFL Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2011 23:12 Send this review to a friend
Great product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just purchased this antenna NMO-150B which is just the antenna element and the coil.
Best $29.00 dollars i've spent.I just screwed it onto an existing NMO mount and trimmed the whip for a 1:1 SWR and I can reach repeaters 20 miles further than I used to be able to. I'm almost getting repeaters out to 40 miles and am able to hold conversations on simplex out to around 15 miles.also the black whip is almost unnoticable even though it's 48 inches tall.73'Jim KB1PFL